Star Choice HD PVR provider for US customers?

Iceberg, any news on if and when Starchoice will add TSN HD? TSN is finally starting to show some HD programming other than billiards!

I had Evu until they messed with the satellite and I lost a bunch of channels down here in Florida. I plan on going to Starchoice if and when the NHL comes back, and would like to see them add it.

Thanks.

angiodan said:
any news on if and when Starchoice will add TSN HD? TSN is finally starting to show some HD programming other than billiards!

Thanks.

At the present, CRTC hearings are about to start concerning the future of HD in Canada. Up until now, the CRTC has had a hands off policy.

So 2 opposings sides have formed: SC and the cable companies who want Ominbus channels showing only HD and the ability to add US HD premium services if they want.

The other side is Bell and the Canadian broadcasters: they want SC and the cable companies to set aside full HD channels even if the Canadian broadcaster only shows 2 or 3 hours of HD/week, plus they want all American services shut out (as is usually the case)

That is why the only Canadian HD channels on SC are those who have agreed to Omnibus HD channel distribution namely Rogers owned Sportnet and CHUM owned City.

In addition in a tit for tat play, SC parent company controls Corus owned Movie Central. Therefore MC HD is 24/7 on SC and western cable companies and is essentially a demo loop on Bell owned Expressvu.

Of course, eventually some middle course "solution" will be decided on - but who knows when

yep...Bell owns TSN and they want a dedicated chanenl for it

If SC can add TSN HD that would be nice...but we don't want Bell owned CTV HD because then we will get simsubs on HD!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)