Star Choice HD PVR provider for US customers?

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Does anybody know if Kusat or any other Canadian providers will be selling the Star Choice HD PVR to South of border customers? I've tried tried contacting them but with no luck so far.

Thanks!

They might be.....

SC is doing a preorder for the existing customers (on the right side of the border)
They fill those orders May 1 and new people can get it May 15th

Until SC decides to give some to dealers, we might have to wait :(

Iceberg said:
They might be.....

SC is doing a preorder for the existing customers (on the right side of the border)
They fill those orders May 1 and new people can get it May 15th

Until SC decides to give some to dealers, we might have to wait :(

Makes me now regret that I got Evu!!! I signed a year commitment. :(

Fgsilva said:
Does anybody know if Kusat or any other Canadian providers will be selling the Star Choice HD PVR to South of border customers? I've tried tried contacting them but with no luck so far.

Thanks!

Update:

Kusat finally replied to my message. They said they should have the DVR in 2-3 weeks and it should cost around $600-700. They didn't specify if Canadian or american dolar.

I think it is $699CAD.

You may be able to sell your BEV system, with the contract to someone. If you have HDTV some ex-voomer will want it.

Iceberg said:
600 Cad $$
:D Hmmm, I'm not sure about selling my Evu with contract to somebody else. Right now it is set up with my credit card account (I wonder if my broker could change that to the buyers CC??). I'm also in a year commitment And if I cancel now there's a CN$150 fee (though if I keep it for the remaning of the year and do only basic service I'll pay around cn$250 in the end). decisions, decisions...

Now, one more question: I know that being in California I CAN'T get one of the Evu birds. How about for SC? is there a site I can check to see if I'm able to get it?

thanks!

Fgsilva said:
:D Hmmm, I'm not sure about selling my Evu with contract to somebody else. Right now it is set up with my credit card account (I wonder if my broker could change that to the buyers CC??). I'm also in a year commitment And if I cancel now there's a CN$150 fee (though if I keep it for the remaning of the year and do only basic service I'll pay around cn$250 in the end). decisions, decisions...

Now, one more question: I know that being in California I CAN'T get one of the Evu birds. How about for SC? is there a site I can check to see if I'm able to get it?

thanks!

SC covers the whole US with both birds....heck it goes nito Mexico :)

Fgsilva said:
hey Iceberg,

Isn't that the price if you buy from SC directly? I'm sure Kusat will crank up the price a bit to make some (more) profit.

usually not. I know they sell the SC system now the same as what I can get at www.starchoice.com

I just looked and its the same price....the credits may make it buying directly cheaper but for a straight up price, its the same :)

Fgsilva said:

thanks!
you can change the credit card on the account easily with your broker, just pay the programming change fee and it can have a new credit card that has a different name on it. just find someone who will keep it for the year.

Uplink said:
you can change the credit card on the account easily with your broker, just pay the programming change fee and it can have a new credit card that has a different name on it. just find someone who will keep it for the year.

Oh that's right, because I think that, in the end, the equipment is not even set up in my name but my broker's?

It is under your name but with an address only known by the broker. Like:

Franciso Silva
00 Example Address
Toronto, Ontatio
OOO OOO

So just sell it with the condition of finishing an existing contract, also offer to canadians with the same setup and tell them how to contact the broker. they should be able to contact the broker, explain that they are in Canada and give their name and address and credit card info and just change the address. While the broker would not offer a refund they would be able to have it switched to the new name.

Iceberg said:
oh boy......600 US for that bad boy

need to sell some stuff....or a body part :)

I hear ya!! Now let me see... a Dish 811 receiver, an Evu 6100 receiver, a couple of dish 310s, 30 chickens... :D

Fgsilva said:
I hear ya!! Now let me see... a Dish 811 receiver, an Evu 6100 receiver, a couple of dish 310s, 30 chickens... :D

I have a wife and her two kids... slightly used, of course :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)