Another PVR question...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nusatman1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2020
WNY
I was looking at Shaw’s website and it says you supposedly need 2 lines coming in from the dish - is that true? If so, I’d there a way around that?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Yes you can configure the 630 or the 830 to single tuner mode. Just make sure you have the cable connected to the tuner 1 input

Yes you can configure the 630 or the 830 to single tuner mode. Just make sure you have the cable connected to the tuner 1 input

Would I still be able to watch another program while I’m recording? When you say tuner 1 input, your referring to the input on the receiver correct?

Would I still be able to watch another program while I’m recording? When you say tuner 1 input, your referring to the input on the receiver correct?

You would be able to watch a previously recorded program but not another live program. You would need the second line to be able to watch one live program while another is recording. Yes there are two inputs on the back of the receiver. In single tuner mode you would connect to input 1.

You would be able to watch a previously recorded program but not another live program. You would need the second line to be able to watch one live program while another is recording. Yes there are two inputs on the back of the receiver. In single tuner mode you would connect to input 1.

That’s good to know - thank you - I’d have to figure out a way to get another line added - a splitter from the one line wouldn’t work would it? In other words - there one line coming in and splitting it before the two inputs?

You will need two separate lines right from the dish. Splitters won't work.

I see - I might have to wait till the spring to add that 2nd line - it’s strange that you would need two lines but if the receiver is geared that way it makes sense - I don’t think the US sats or even cable requires two lines that I’m aware of

The LNB for Shaw has 4 outputs, you can feed 4 single tuner receivers directly or two PVRs with dual recording capabilities or one PVR and two single receiver tuners. If you need more then 4 outputs from the dish you will need a multiswitch 4x8 or 4x16 although I don't think you find many residential installations with a 4x16 multiswitch

The LNB for Shaw has 4 outputs, you can feed 4 single tuner receivers directly or two PVRs with dual recording capabilities or one PVR and two single receiver tuners. If you need more then 4 outputs from the dish you will need a multiswitch 4x8 or 4x16 although I don't think you find many residential installations with a 4x16 multiswitch

I only have two receivers. This would replace a regular receiver. I’d have to have someone come out and run the extra line considering it’s on my roof lol... For now it’s a small inconvenience to not be able to watch something else at the same time.

You will need two separate lines right from the dish. Splitters won't work.
Not exactly true. Shaw does have what is called a CSS switch that can be added after the LNB which will allow a single line to work with a power passing splitter. Currently they only use them in Condo/apt complexes and the like. Too expensive they say for residential.. Maybe one day they will build it into the LNB. Would make our jobs so much easier...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)