star track 400

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wizit

Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Found a star track 400 at a flea market with the upper & lower limits already set. I need to change the limits & was wondering if anyone knew how to do this.

Does it have a remote? If not, there should be a reset switch, or maybe 2 on the back of it.
Look for little recessed switchs, maybe the type you have to use a matchstick or something to push. If it's not in the menu on-screen and not on the back of the receiver, I'm stumped.

I forget which model I have. I have the manual I think for a Star Trak 800. Another member pm'd me for a copy a few months ago and I have had everything in storage since mid July when I sold my house. Just closed on a new house yesterday, and am hoping to get things out and start moving by jan 1. I have not forgotten and will scan the manual and post it as soon as I get it and the receiver out of storage. I think you do have to have the remote though and mine had a key for the back of the receiver to put it into programming mode.

It's funny you got the Star Trak 400. :p
The reason I say this is that when I got the US Electonics ORB 5000 receiver I had to go online to learn how to program. My receiver is the same way your receiver is, with no buttons on the receiver to control anything. Everything is by remote control. The remote you have will program my receiver as well. If I lose my remote, I will have to find a Star Trak 400 remote, or I will be up the creek with no paddle.
Apparently, the receivers are made by the same manufacturer.
I use my receiver to set up my arc tracking. It is a great receiver. :)

I forget which model I have. I have the manual I think for a Star Trak 800. Another member pm'd me for a copy a few months ago and I have had everything in storage since mid July when I sold my house. Just closed on a new house yesterday, and am hoping to get things out and start moving by jan 1. I have not forgotten and will scan the manual and post it as soon as I get it and the receiver out of storage. I think you do have to have the remote though and mine had a key for the back of the receiver to put it into programming mode.

My ORB 5000 has a switch on the back that allows me to program the receiver by the remote. It is not hard to program. The remote I have is hard to use since it has been used so much. I wonder if I get one of those smart remotes to use. You know, the kind of remote that you could program from the old remote.

yes I have the remote too..will play around with it..thanks for all the replies guys

I used my ORB 5000 to track the arc, so at this point I haven't check the west and east limits, Wizit. I am hoping that I won't have to do the limits. I only went to G1 at the west and to 72 degrees to whatever satellite that is.
I have some satellite ribbon coming to me soon, so I will know more what this receiver settings concerning the limits are, as soon I get that cable.
I will let you know how to set the limits on your Star Trak 400, since your and mine are about the same kind of receivers. If the weather is ok tomorrow, I may go out side with the ORB 5000 and TV and just search the arc... I will monkey with the limits then.
I reckon I may be using the 5000 to operate the arm instead of the V Box. I have been hearing some crappy things about this positioner. Bought it two years ago and only played with it for a few minutes with my traxis 3500.
At least I won't have to worry about running polarity wires since this receiver does that with the 13/18 volt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts