Star Trek Enterprise

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'd like to see an HD channel that used a lot of stuff from Spike TV, Sci-Fi, UPN, and WB. Show all that you could in true HD, and the rest in upconverted, highest possible quality, OAR SD.

Feature a lineup of multiple Star Treks, SG-1, Atlantis, Battlestar Gallatica, Buffy, Angel, Babylon-5, Jeremiah, Highlander, Forever Knight, Outer Limits, X-Files, Farscape, Night Gallery, etc.

Most of these stuff isn't being shown elsewhere, with some of it on low-rated channels that can't have exclusivity, like G-4. I suspect many of these series could be had cheaply.

I think such a channel would get decent ratings, much higher than most (or all) of the VOOM channels.

Tom Bombadil said:
I'd like to see an HD channel that used a lot of stuff from Spike TV, Sci-Fi, UPN, and WB. Show all that you could in true HD, and the rest in upconverted, highest possible quality, OAR SD.

Feature a lineup of multiple Star Treks, SG-1, Atlantis, Battlestar Gallatica, Buffy, Angel, Babylon-5, Jeremiah, Highlander, Forever Knight, Outer Limits, X-Files, Farscape, Night Gallery, etc.

Most of these stuff isn't being shown elsewhere, with some of it on low-rated channels that can't have exclusivity, like G-4. I suspect many of these series could be had cheaply.

I think such a channel would get decent ratings, much higher than most (or all) of the VOOM channels.

You sir have very good taste in show if i may say so myself!:hatsoff:

Ditto on the channel wish and shows!:up

gammadude said:
If the series were originally filmed a high definition transfer of the film can be made. The picture quality will depend on the quality/condition of the transferred print.

The original series stuff would be ok if they can restore the film prints and make an HD transfer. The Next Generation/DS9/Voyager stuff may have been filmed, but all the visual effects were done at 720x486 D1. Enterprise was the first HD trek show we worked on at Foundation Imaging. I did a little modeling on the opening sequence, but moved on to other projects shortly after. I'm not related to Kevin Bacon or Nicholas Cage. :D

However my Bacon factor is 2.

I'm pretty sure that most DVDs in the last few years were all done from film-to-HD masters. In that case, the material already exists to do high-quality pillar-boxed HD broadcast of 4:3 material.

Tom Bombadil said:

Forever Night!!! I have been trying to remember the name of that show for the longest time. It was on back when Silk Stalkings or Blind Justice was on and they rotated some different shows. I would love to see those.

I'm excited to see "Enterprise" in true HD! Our UPS affiliate was using the spare bits leftover from their CBS HD broadcast and the 24 Hour weather forecast subchannel. In other words, very bit-starved. It was watchable, but very block at times.

It's "Forever Knight" if you ever go to search for info on it.

I know they released the first two seasons on DVD. The third season wasn't as good, as they gave in to management pressure to change the show and bring in new exciting (young, sexy) characters.

The whole series occasionally gets rerun again, but not very frequently.

I wouldn't mind upconverted hd on the Sci Fi channel. I wonder why Dish and Directv can't just run all sd programming into a upscaler before they broadcast from the satellite. Wouldn't that clean up the picture and make it better quality , kind of like an upconverting dvd player. The dvds look very good on an hd tv when it is done through an upconverting dvd player.

TV Week had an article about UHD. Since they are a compilation channel like MHD and Discovery HD advertisers don't want to pay premium rates for a channel with a small audience. If UHD were changed into USA or SCIFI HD and copied the programming like ESPN and TNT hd this would not be a problem. Ads would air at the same time on a recurring basis. Instead of having shows a year after they have aired on the regular channel and in timeslots viewers are not accustomed to. Buyes don't want to pay much. So they are in a catch 22 create a mirror channel that makes more money but doesn't have as much HD or have an all HD channel that doesn't make a lot of money.

I've read rumors that Paramount is working on HD transfers of the original Star Trek for a Blu-Ray release. If that's true, I'm sure they'll do likewise for Next Gen, DS9 and Voyager. Another means of dipping into the well again...

However, I'd like to see SG-1 and Atlantis on HDNet as well. Seeing Enterprise will be quite nice though! :)

MikeD-C05 said:
I wouldn't mind upconverted hd on the Sci Fi channel. I wonder why Dish and Directv can't just run all sd programming into a upscaler before they broadcast from the satellite. Wouldn't that clean up the picture and make it better quality , kind of like an upconverting dvd player. The dvds look very good on an hd tv when it is done through an upconverting dvd player.

If they did that then the channels would take up as much space as a real HD channel.

kb7oeb said:
If they did that then the channels would take up as much space as a real HD channel.

I'd be happy if they would just give SciFi 5mbit or more bandwidth, even double what it has now. Bring it back to what channels looked like back when AT50 was the top package on Dish! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)