Star Trek to boldly go online

On the other hand, this is Alex Kurtzman again. So it might be new characters and new civilizations from the rebooted universe. :p

Both thrilled and annoyed by this. I don't want to have to pay $6/month for CBS All Access. Annoys the heck out of me. I am just hoping that their online streaming system goes belly up before the show comes out and they come to their senses and broadcast it on tv.
I feel the exact same way.

If I have to pay for it I will just buy it on Vudu.

Both thrilled and annoyed by this. I don't want to have to pay $6/month for CBS All Access. Annoys the heck out of me. I am just hoping that their online streaming system goes belly up before the show comes out and they come to their senses and broadcast it on tv.

Agreed. While I look forward to another Trek series, I would have to be thoroughly impressed with the pilot to consider picking up the streaming service just for that, since I don't watch anything else on CBS besides the occasional sports broadcast.

Oh come on now, we BOTH know these will be torrents 5 minutes after each episode ends....

Reactions: alnielsen
Oh come on now, we BOTH know these will be torrents 5 minutes after each episode ends....

There might be torrents, but I haven't gone down that road in years. I know there are ways around it, I just find it obnoxious. Let's use Star Trek as a pawn to get people to pony up money for something they never would pay for otherwise. Reminiscent of Paramount and UPN with Voyager.

Reactions: DWS44
There might be torrents, but I haven't gone down that road in years. I know there are ways around it, I just find it obnoxious. Let's use Star Trek as a pawn to get people to pony up money for something they never would pay for otherwise. Reminiscent of Paramount and UPN with Voyager.
At least there wasn't an additional fee to watch UPN.

On the other hand, this is Alex Kurtzman again. So it might be new characters and new civilizations from the rebooted universe. :p

Two things here. There was no "rebooted" universe. There is an alternate, parallel universe. Second, Paramount owns the rights to the alternate universe, CBS owns the rights to the TV shows and games. Due to rights issues, CBS couldn't create a series based in that universe if they wanted to. (and they don't want to) The new series will be in the Prime Universe. In the article, it even mentions it will have nothing to do with the new movie coming out.

Reactions: DWS44 and TheKrell
I would prefer the new series be post TNG since that would create new canon vs. trampling over existing canon. Alex is too sloppy to do anything within existing canon and not F it up. The folks behind the Renegades fanfic have been pitching their idea to CBS for some time, so maybe it won't have anything to do with the Federation at its core. Who knows. Might even be the crew of the Enterprise J and them meddling in the affairs of the NX-01. LOL We might finally get to know who the shadowy puppet master of the Suliban was. ;)

I would prefer the new series be post TNG since that would create new canon vs. trampling over existing canon. Alex is too sloppy to do anything within existing canon and not F it up. The folks behind the Renegades fanfic have been pitching their idea to CBS for some time, so maybe it won't have anything to do with the Federation at its core. Who knows. Might even be the crew of the Enterprise J and them meddling in the affairs of the NX-01. LOL We might finally get to know who the shadowy puppet master of the Suliban was. ;)

Oh, I'm almost certain it will be post VOY. Renegades is REALLY good, BTW.

Oh, I'm almost certain it will be post VOY. Renegades is REALLY good, BTW.

Axanar looks even better. Hope they do a full series on that one as well. I did my part and chipped in $75 for the BD set. Seems to be in the original universe but most time-current ships follow the Abrams design with the Ares having the original universe TOS nacelle design as well as the Connie. Vulcan ships appear to be similar to those on Enterprise and Klingons are using D6 ( a D4/D5 mashup from Enterprise ) with D7 just about ready for battle. There's some really good CGI work there.

Might even be the crew of the Enterprise J and them meddling in the affairs of the NX-01. LOL We might finally get to know who the shadowy puppet master of the Suliban was.

That could be interesting. If they did that, I'd have to go back and watch Enterprise again, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts