Status
Not open for further replies.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
how many losers like myself are going to a midnight showing? i am leaving in a little while.

not me. promised I'd wait until the weekend when the whole family could see it.

I've forgotten what all happened, so I've got to watch the last two before I go see it. We have a movie theater up the road with a DLP theater, so I'll definitely go watch it there.

I'm outa here in about 30 minutes to go see it. I can remember going to the original with my dad back on opening night in 1978. Man-O-Man, I sure am one excited nerd!!!!!

Ever since I played hooky in 1980 to catch "Empire", I've made it a regular event* to take the afternoon of the premier off and see the newest "Star Wars" movie on opening day. Today is no different; some friends from work and golf buddies will be seeing Episode III right after noon.

*(1977 didn't count as I was a college student, fresh out of school)

just got back. i won't give any spoilers, but i will say it was the best one out of the six. everyone will enjoy this one.

Just back from the movie. I still like Return of the Jedia the best, but this is now my second favorite. Must have sleep now. Got to get up and go to work at 7:00. Later.

I am going to put this thread on top. Lets use this thread to make comments both good or bad. Please use spoilers as needed. Thanks.

indicate in the first line if your post will contain spoilers. we would not want to ruin it for the ones who have not seen it.

You can use the spoiler tags

Luke runs away with a young Jubba, infuriating a festering Anakin pushing him over the edge into the darkness

The routine is [ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] without the spaces.

goaliebob99 said:
YAHOO IS REPORTING THAT STARWARS EP 3 HAS BEEN LINKED TO THE INTERNET JUST HOURS AFTER RELESASE!!!!

You mean the movie is available for download? Too funny.

Also note that the spoiler tags don't work in the email notification. :(

goaliebob99 said:
YAHOO IS REPORTING THAT STARWARS EP 3 HAS BEEN LINKED TO THE INTERNET JUST HOURS AFTER RELESASE!!!!

this really doesn't surprise me. however, you got to see it on the big screen.

korsjs said:
this really doesn't surprise me. however, you got to see it on the big screen.

The experience of the sound, size and sights is reason enough to lose $5.00 on it. I dl'd a LOTR just to do it. What's the point? poor resolution, not even stereo sound. What a waste of BW.

IMHO, I feel "Smallville" does a better job of taking a "good" Lex Luthor and making him "evil" than RotS did with Anikin/Vader. I still wonder why it took everyone by surprise when The Big Secret was revealed. (I figured it out in Phantom Menace... of course, I knew what the future held from Eps IV-VI :D)

You would think that Jedi Knights would be experts at observation, but they seem, on the whole, rather clueless. A Bene Gesserit witch from "Dune" would have had the Jedi (or the Sith, for that matter) naked in the desert collecting spice and saying, "Thank you ma'am, may we have another?"

So, after all that, I must rank "Revenge of the Sith" as the best of the Prequeal Trilogy, and "Empire Strikes Back" as the best of the second (oriiginal) Trilogy. "ESB" is the best of all the Star Wars movies, mostly due to the interaction between Leia and Hans.

The midnight show was fun. All the people in line in costumes. They all had to put their light sabres back in their cars though... hehe All those tickets were prepurchased and we only had to stand in line about 20 minutes before they let us in. Then we got to sit in the theater for the rest of the time (2 hours) until the movie started. No backpacks or bags were allowed and I even had to open my purse and let them look in it. The show was great.

Just got home from seeing star wars on a digital screen. The movie was great. Everything the first two should have been. I wasnt disappointed with this one.

I have seen it twice now and the 2nd time it was even better.. I love the scene where Obi Wan is standing at the entrance of the ship and then all hell breaks loose..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)