Star Wars Episode II & III in 3D cancelled

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's postponed, not canceled.

Lucasfilm has decided to postpone this fall's scheduled release of Star Wars Episodes II and III in 3D. Given the recent development that we are moving forward with a new Star Wars trilogy, we will now focus 100 percent of our efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII in order to ensure the best possible experience for our fans. We will post further information about our 3D release plans at a later date.

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

It's postponed, not canceled.

Lucasfilm has decided to postpone this fall's scheduled release of Star Wars Episodes II and III in 3D. Given the recent development that we are moving forward with a new Star Wars trilogy, we will now focus 100 percent of our efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII in order to ensure the best possible experience for our fans. We will post further information about our 3D release plans at a later date.

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Read between the lines. They will never do them now.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Well, about the same as the statements Lucas made in 1977 about Episode VII being 15-20 years out. May happen, but it will be 40 years instead :)

If they were planning a fall release, they would have had to have been pretty far along in the conversion by now. A lot would have been invested.

If they were planning a fall release, they would have had to have been pretty far along in the conversion by now. A lot would have been invested.

That's what I thought too. Even if they decide not to release them in theaters, these 3D versions may still show up on Blu-ray at some point. Would make a good Special 3D Edition set.

Sent from my iPhone5 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)