starband/dp34 setup question.

waterfordinva

Original poster
Nov 25, 2004
currently have a starband setup with two(2) sw21's, but would like to use a dp34 that was given to me. I found out that the legacy lnb's will not work with the dp34.

does anyone know if we can swap out the 2 legacy lnb's that came with the starband setup, replacing them with 2 dish pro dual lnb's? I know we could just put up a new dish, leaving the starband to provide the internet connection only. I would rather only use the starband dish, if possible.

thanks,
Mike

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. So, I'll assume you're looking to add tuner(s).

The problem is that the Legacy LNBs attached to the Starband bracket have rectangular 'feet', and not "D" shaped ones like the standard DishPro LNBFs have.

Not saying it's impossible, just that it will be very difficult. Truly not worth the effort.

Also, have you considered that your receiver might not be DishPro compatible? 3-digit model numbers are OK, 4-digit are not, and require an adapter that ain't cheap.

Finally, note that the Legacy equivalent of the DP34 is the SW64. Or, if you can find one, a SW44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts