Starband, Legacy Dishnetwork, and SupDish Installation Integration Assistance please

Gregg Loewen

Founder, PVA: Professional Video Alliance
Original poster
Corporate Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 13, 2003
New England
Hi guys

I had the Dish guys come out for a 2nd time today. Again they were not able to install the Superdish to enable local station reception. They are going to come again on Wednesday and said they will do "whatever is necessary" to get me up and running. What are your suggestions??

My current system:
Starband Satellite dish with integrated 110 and 119.
Stand alone Dish satellite for 61.5
Integration via a SW 64 switch.

Current receivers:
Dish 6000 x 2
Dish 811
Wanting to replace a 6000 with a 921

The locals will be added via 121. I am being told they will most likely be adding ANOTHER Dish to the side of the house.

I also have Voom, so I currently have 3 dishes on my home.

So my question:
1. How do they do the install of the Superdish / Dishpro WHILE not adding dishes?
and sub question:
1. I was also going to add DTV. Can the above be integrated with DTV to minimize the number of dishes on my home?

thank you!!!

Hey Gregg!

The need to change the LNB on the 61.5 Dish to a DishPro LNB, the need to take out the SW64 switch and give you a DP34 switch (which comes included with the SuperDish)

The need to remove your existing Dish 500 dish and replace with with a 121 SuperDish.

Once they are done with that you should be all set.

Because the SuperDish uses DishPro technology you can not split the frequencies and use it with DirecTV unfortunately. You will need another Dish if you want to add DirecTV.

Hi Scott!!

the Dish guys are not sure what to do, my Dish 500? is integrated with my Starband as I receive the Starband, 110 and 119 all off of the same dish. They have no idea with Starband (specifically).

Does the above info change your response?

LMK,
thanks

You CANNOT use DP LNBs on a starband dish. And, suince the main starband sat is the 101, you will need a seperate dish for the 121 locals since it points in a different way. Thus, you will need to:

1. Unhook the existing E* LNBs from the Starband dish.
2. Install the new SuperDish for the 121/110/119.
3. Replace the existing 61.5 LNB with a DP lnb for use with a DP+44 switch, which would replace the SW64.
4. If you are sharing the 61.5 between Voom and E*, you will need a seperate dish for the 61.5 to use the DP LNB on E* and the legacy on V*.
5. There is no kit for D* for Starband since they use the same sat. Also, if you need their HD(or 110), you will need to get the phase III dish since you cannot share the 110 between D* and E* due to the special Sat C LNB.

All done - you will need 5 dishes for this.

Now, if you go it on your own, you could get a P* or other legacy dish for the 121(look for a dual output)> This way you could eliminate 1 dish but sharing the 61.5 between V* and E*. Howeer, you will still need the seperate D* dish due to the sat C limitation. You could technically use the 110/119 on the starband for direct, since the sat C LNB will fit the starband setup, but you will still need a seperate dish for the 101.

thanks guys!!

Dish 921 HD PVR is on the way! (now I have to hope the techs can hook everything up correctly) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)