Starchoice DVR530 install

megaladon

Original poster
May 17, 2010
Canada
First Post...

I have an elliptical dish with two LNBs (external multiswitch). Currently two lines come from the LNBs to the external switch then two lines into the house.

I recently purchased a Starchoice DVR530 and a 3x4 Multiswitch by Zinwell (sam3402).I tried connecting the 2 lines coming from the LNBs to the 2 lines running into the house together using two Barrel Adapter Double Female Normal Freq connectors. Depending on which line is run into the 18v or 13v input on the multiswitch I only get HD channels or standard channels but not both.
Question(s) - is using the female connectors a bad idea? Should I just extend the lines from the house directly to the LNBs? Is the multiswitch above compatible with the SC DVR530?

Thanks!

you need a 22 khz tone switch. Look for DirecTV compatible 4 X 8 or 5 X 8 switches.

Checkout the Shaw Direct website for the Eagle Aspen model numbers

You can use the Zinwell WB68 switch. It is pretty cheap on e bay and requires no added power.

Attachments

• WB68_zoom.gif
    WB68_zoom.gif
    70.4 KB · Views: 144
Thanks for the replies. I figured there was an issue with the multiswitch. When I connect two lines to my HD receiver it works fine, but my 401 receiver does not detect a signal. If I remove one line from the HD then the 401 will work. It seems as though only two lines are functioning out of the multiswitch.

You need to eliminate your present 2 X 2 multiswitch and replace it with a tone switch as mentioned above. Hook up your 2 lines coming from your LNBs to the 2 low voltage inputs on the new switch. F1R is Sat A

I called *C to find out what multiswitches they recommend. Tech told me I don't need a multiswitch just a splitter that will handle a minimum 1400 Mhz. So I left my current setup the same (orginal 2x2 outside), added the splitter to one line coming into the house, sent the two lines from the splitter to my HD receiver and it works fine.

Sunday Ticket on Star Choice

DSR505 video blinks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)