Starchoice install in Southwest, how hard dish size?

mika911

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
In the Southwest U.S., how hard to install Starchoice?

I've installed single LNB regular dishes, and the 5 LNB DirecTV slimline. Could I probably install the Starchoice? I don't have fancy equipment though, I just always used the receiver, with two people. I could do the same with it? Not too much harder than the slimline is it?

Also, is the dish way bigger than the DTV slimline? Or about hte same size?

You have to have the bigger one here, yes?

Thanks.

I've installed single LNB regular dishes, and the 5 LNB DirecTV slimline. Could I probably install the Starchoice? I don't have fancy equipment though, I just always used the receiver, with two people. I could do the same with it? Not too much harder than the slimline is it?

Also, is the dish way bigger than the DTV slimline? Or about hte same size?

Thanks.

Where in the SW are you? I am in Orange County, CA and with the of the HDs from 91 I am also interested in installing StarChoice.

Here in New Mexico, no problem with 75E, a little trickery with 60E but receive all channels,

An 80cm FTA dish is sufficient for for reception of both satellites if you want that type of set-up with use of a combiner.

Thanks.
Yes, you need a 75 cm dish.

The trick is to use the same settings as the DTV Triple LNBF dish. SC is 1.1 degrees to the right of DTV.

Ku H/V signals are a much narrower beam than DBS. Move dish 1/8" at a time and wait 10 to 15 seconds for receiver signal strength meter to update.

Easiest to get receiver authorized before shipping to you. Use 299 or 400 to check F1R and 420 or 559 to check F2.

Select Buffalo or Spokane as your SD feed as Detroit/Seattle HD nets are included with your subcription.

The second one listed that calculates for the double satellite. Is this pretty accurate you believe? Thanks.

No use Mike Kohl's numbers.

AFAIK, you do not get F2 until receiver authorized

Would a 60 cm dish be good enough for the NYC Metro area?

Yes

Satellite footprints for Anik F1R and F2 ku band can be viewed on Telesat's website

Kohl's number doesn't list for the combined satellite though. They only list the two separately. No way to use them then on the combined dish is there?

Of course.

Been over 3 years since I installed my 75E, but I'm pretty sure I just used Anik F2 @ 111 for aiming/peaking the dish.

Yes - all SC elliptical dishes are aimed at F2 (111.1) just like all DTV triple LNBF dishes are aimed at 110
Use the F2 values for SC unless you are installing a single satellite dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)