Starchoice ?

Digital Rain

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
What size dish do you need for Starchoice. I would like to just look at the satellite that has the english channels and the US locals.

I have a 30'' dish and it takes a directv style LNB. Would a linear LNB work for them? then all I would need is a recvr and a broker.

StarChoie uses linear polarity, so you would need a 30" dish and LNBF.

Basic package is 20 CAD and includes
-US Networks from one city (Spokane, Seattle, Detroit or Buffalo...Fox for Buffalo is from Rochester, not Buffalo)
-CBC from Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Thunder Bay, LLoydminster, Dawson Creek, Prince George and a couple others
-CTV from the same areas
-Global from St John, Toronto, Vancouver
-TSN (Canadian ESPN)
-40 audio only channels
-few more channels

Check out www.starchoice.com for more options :) All of the channels on this package are on F1 (107.3) so your dish would work. F2 (111.1) is going to be for HD, French and ethnic.

All you would need is a receiver, LNBF and broker :)

i checked out kusat - looks like they have a 19 dollar system (after credits etc) I would if i could go that way. or is that just for Canada? with my luck it most likey would be :)

just Canada

Basic system (205) is something like $70 US before shipping. You can get the system (with dish) for the same price, but the shipping will be higher :)

I just went there and you can get a 8.50US credit (10CAD) by purchasing online. So its $60 before shipping

I talked with digital rain on the phone and tried to see if I could help him out. I understand most of this stuff even though i havent my starchoice activated or installed yet.

he has an expressvu 2700 which was activated a couple of years ago, but then was deactivated. he just wants canadian locals and american networks. what would he be missing in new mexico and can he have the 2700 turned back on?

Depeding on how far in NM he is, he wouldnt have any of the Eastern US Nets
Boston is on TP9, which is on N3...and doesnt cover CONUS.

The origianl poster should hook it up and see what signals he gets on 3,5,7,9,25 If its 0, then he's too far south

He's screwed then

Northern NM might have a decent signal on the N3 transponders, but Southern NM has a 0

People in Phoenix had 0 with a 30" dish
People in El Paso had 0 with a 24" dish

SC might be a better option for him

The TP's in question are 3 7 9 11 17 21 23 25

What's on them?? From Lyngsat
3 & 7 are no biggie...PPV
9 has Bostonm SD channels
11 has WGN, CNN BET, Weather
17 has movies
21 has BBC World, Fox Seattle
23 has City, Rogers Sports, CP24
25 has CBC Vancouver, TSN, and MuchMusic

so a fair whack of the good channels are not ont here....SC would be his best option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)