Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
Anyone else see a Dish 300 in the movie STARGATE ATLANTIS last night??

If you look at the M.A.L.P. as it is panned across when Dr Weir gets ready to make her speech, you can clearly see that it is a Dish 300 reflector and LNB mounted on the rightside near the front.

I wonder in Charlie knows about this??

Echostar has equipment floating around in the Pegasus Galaxy. :haha

Logistically there is no way this thing could work. It has to be aligned precisely with an earth satellite(impossible during offwork recon) or aimed directly at the STARGATE to receive data. (This is assuming that data being transmitted to the M.A.L.P. is broadcast around 12 GHZ. through the open wormhole.) It looked hard mounded on the mast with no motorization.

Rabbit ears would have been just as believable. :p

Mark_AR said:
Anyone else see a Dish 300 in the movie STARGATE ATLANTIS last night??

If you look at the M.A.L.P. as it is panned across when Dr Weir gets ready to make her speech, you can clearly see that it is a Dish 300 reflector and LNB mounted on the rightside near the front.

I noticed that last night! I remember thinking about which Echostar sattellite they have in the Pegasus galaxy, Echostar -5000, and wondering if they had access to any High Definition channels deemed "compelling" in the Pegasus galaxy! ;)

BTW, I don't know if anybody else noticed this, but Stargate Atlantis/Sci-Fi channel on DirecTV looked extra good last night! There were some scenes which appeared so sharp, I was extremely impressed! :)

~Alan

For several years the malp has had a dish on it, and last weeks pq was noticablly better on E* thru my 6000 and Replay bo:mad:have not watched Atlantis yet I'm working nights this weekend)and the malp signals go thru the gate when it is activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)