Stars game blacked out on my local FSN SW

psychotrope

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Is anybody else in the FSN Southwest market experiencing a blackout of the Predators vs. Stars hockey game tonight? Both the HD and the SD feed are blacked out for me and I've never had this problem before. They are my local RSN. Dish is looking into it, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. 10-14-09, Game started at 7:30 central time.
Thanks

Same for me - zip code 75067. Called about 8:00 CT; nothing corrected yet - 5-0 Stars, end of two periods!

I've seen this happen to other people before with other RSN's. Does anybody know what the problem might be? Is it usually just a mis-tagging by Dish Net.? Or is it more likely a problem by the RSN? I am not that concerned about tonight's game, I just hope this isn't an ongoing problem for future local pro sports. Stars games on FSN SW for the next week are NOT marked as being blacked out in the guide listing, but neither was tonight's game until tonight.

Good suggestion. Blacked out in my area however because NHL Center Ice knows I SHOULD be getting the game on my own FSN SW channel. Between center ice, my RSN, and the sports alt channels, there were 8 channels (half HD, half SD) that were showing the Stars/Predators game tonight and all 8 channels were blacked out to me. And it was actually a GOOD game if you're a Stars fan!! Those have become a bit rare as of late.

i found this on another forum

From the Dallas Stars website - wonder if all Dish fans will no longer get many of their local NHL games in their own market. That stinks.

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=502173

--------------------------------------------------------------------

An Important Message for Fans with Dish Network

If you’re a Dish Network customer in the Dallas and surrounding areas, unfortunately you will not receive all Stars telecasts aired on FOX Sports Southwest this season, including tonight’s game against Nashville. FOX Sports Southwest has increased its TV schedule this year to show an all-time high 61 Stars games in 2009-10. The additional games have been made available by the network to local cable and satellite system carriers. Most distributors have decided to carry all the games, but a few have not, including Dish Network. If you are one of their customers, you will miss the following games:

(snip)

FOX Sports Southwest is doing everything it can to get these games on Dish Network and has been in constant discussions with the distributor. It has made it a priority to make sure that all fans have access to every televised Stars game on the network. If you aren’t receiving all Stars telecasts, we encourage you to contact your local provider and demand that they carry the full-schedule of games on FOX Sports Southwest.

Dish Network Customer Service: 1-888-686-2388

If you would like more information, you can send an email to FOX Sports Southwest at viewerinfo@foxsports.net. We will continue to update you on the progress as FOX Sports Southwest works with to make every televised Stars game available to our fans.

If FSNSW is trying to charge extra for their "extra" channel and it is in the middle of a contract with Dish, then to-bad-so-sad for FSNSW because Dish won't shell out for extra cash in the middle of the contract. Stupid planning by Fox...again

typical Dish net crap, now Stars fans in North TX are getting screwed, i bet the people in cities where they have choice between Dish, DirecTV and the cable companies will be getting cable to view the Stars game, wish Dish could just put the game on via Alternative channel for those games airing on the DFW Cable feed of FSN SW, or can't Fox just create a FSN for DFW and call it FSN DFW.

I have the same problem. I live in Canton Ohio, and the Pittsburgh Penguins games get blacked out. The center ice is free now, and the other night I wanted to watch the Pens, and boom, blacked out! What is that about?

Thanks Janko for posting that link. After going in circles with a customer service rep who didn't really understand how the regional sports networks and their blackout rules worked for people with the multi-sport pack (he kept telling me it was blacked out because the game must be on my local channels), I found your link while on the phone with him. I explained the situation to him and told him that the CSR's needed to be informed of this information since they will be getting a lot of calls. He then told me that he had just NOW received a tech update with that same information I just read to him from your link. As he put it (no doubt from the Dish Network memo) "We are trying to combat the outrageous prices... so we don't have to pass the cost on to the customers..."

I wish KDFI would at least carry the games that FSN SW is blacking out. This totally sucks. Because these games that are blacked out because of the fighting between Dish and FSN SW are also blacked out on NHL Center Ice because Center Ice knows they are showing in my local area. What a crappy situation.

looks like the only way to see these games are, go to the games in person (hard to do when it's away games or too broke to go to the AAC), switch providers, watch the games on an illegal webstream on a site, or just listen to the game on 1310 The Ticket if you live in the DFW Market.

they just said channel 448 on dish network would carry the fox sports plus games. that was from the game announcers. watching it on NHLCI right now.

well it's not on 448, like they said, and not to mentioned the game is blacked out on NHLCI here in DFW, in both the coverage from FSN SW and NESN. maybe they mean the next game. oh Dish lied to them to make FSN SW look bad.

I just checked an it's showing on channel 448 here. I'm in Lawton, Oklahoma and outside the blackout area so I also am showing it through the center ice channel 637.

Well the next game on the list to not be shown is the Stars-Leafs game on 10/28 and it's being shown in the guide as if they will show it, both on FSNSW & Center Ice? Not sure if that will change or not?

On a different team but same problem, there was a Blues game that was not suppose to be shown on Friday night and that is also listed in the guide to be shown both on FSNMW & Center Ice.

Hopefully this is a sign this has be resolved?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)