Start Over feature

Just called Brighthouse and was told it is only working in Manatee County. I was told end of the year in other regions like here in Pasco County. Website fails to mention that it is only in certain areas. Won't be holding my breath waiting for this feature along with Starz and Encore on demand. Fios is looking better all the time....

Last edited:
Wow didnt know they were already pushing this in Tampa, last I heard it was still development. They are testing it in Tampa it seems will be an awesome feature. (That they are adding free) So I dont understand the complaint about it taking so long.. Its a highly sophisticated system requireing, takes time to do and when moving stuff over they can only do it at night during the 1am to 6am window, so they have limited work time as well. But itll get there. Hopefully here in Orlando soon to. Its an awesome feature which will add even more Value to BHN.

Switch to what looks to be passport(system wide), HD channels(pasco, pinellas), channel swap lineup(entire tampa bay system will have same lineup with many channels moving to digital tier for more SD/HD space), and startover on December 11th in the Tampa Bay area.

Fios looks amazing and WILL be launched in a lot of Pinellas County(end of 07') around the same time Brighthouse does its thing except for the 5GB a month cap they have put in place and can now throttle your internet speeds down to 200kbps if they choose....

I have to give Brighthouse some credit. StartOver feature started working over the weekend here in Pasco. Glad I didn't have to wait until next month.

It was nice to watch local Fox channel 13 news Saturday morning at the beginning of the broadcast even when tuning in 45 minutes after the hour. Pixelization does occur now and again. A little worse than recording to dvr. It is acceptable though.

System starting freezing when using StartOver Sunday night. Guess they are still working out the bugs. Wished all the major over the air networks had the StartOver, but they probably have to agree to allow BrightHouse to enable it.

I live in Pinellas county and I noticed the Start over feature a couple of weeks ago. The feature is being rolled out systematically in the TampaBay area and should be available by the end of the week. It's a cool feature. The initial launch will include 40 different Start Over channels.

BHN Insider

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts