Start Over --

Scottey can you please point out in my post that you replied to where I said anything about the example customer having an HDTV set. I'm talking about the lower middle class who most likely doesn't even own an HDTV set that enjoys startover.

Honestly its amazing reading your high horse because tons of people end up having kids a bit early and they aren't spending money beyond what they need to live. They both are most likely working two full time jobs and one is working part time. At on average 9 bucks an hour for the two full time jobs and say 7 bucks an hour for the part time job we are looking at a total income around of around 35 grand a year net. When your raising one child that money goes fast for school cloths etc. Medical checkups, kids getting sick, you getting sick, insurance, gas and food all costing money and going up in price. Lets just pray they own their home which they likely don't.

Sorry but when the year is over I doubt much money will be left to put in the bank. Oh lets not forget about the cheapest car payments both of them can get and the repairs and such that go along with them. Yes they could take the bus but this most likely kills the part time job and any life they may have with their kids. So simply put the part time job is paying for their cars. Lets not forget those credit card payments for those few major bills which they don't have the cash to pay such as that hospital visit when your son breaks his arm for example or that major car repair. They may have a car payment but its a very low payment because its a used car most likely not under warranty in a short period of time.

The fact is like others have said this TV set is the only reason some of these families survive in current America with everything going on and yes that 150 bucks a year for that DVR box is a very large amount of money when you don't have it to begin with.

Scottey can you please point out in my post that you replied to where I said anything about the example customer having an HDTV set. I'm talking about the lower middle class who most likely doesn't even own an HDTV set that enjoys startover.

Honestly its amazing reading your high horse because tons of people end up having kids a bit early and they aren't spending money beyond what they need to live. They both are most likely working two full time jobs and one is working part time. At on average 9 bucks an hour for the two full time jobs and say 7 bucks an hour for the part time job we are looking at a total income around of around 35 grand a year net. When your raising one child that money goes fast for school cloths etc. Medical checkups, kids getting sick, you getting sick, insurance, gas and food all costing money and going up in price. Lets just pray they own their home which they likely don't.

Sorry but when the year is over I doubt much money will be left to put in the bank. Oh lets not forget about the cheapest car payments both of them can get and the repairs and such that go along with them. Yes they could take the bus but this most likely kills the part time job and any life they may have with their kids. So simply put the part time job is paying for their cars. Lets not forget those credit card payments for those few major bills which they don't have the cash to pay such as that hospital visit when your son breaks his arm for example or that major car repair. They may have a car payment but its a very low payment because its a used car most likely not under warranty in a short period of time.

The fact is like others have said this TV set is the only reason some of these families survive in current America with everything going on and yes that 150 bucks a year for that DVR box is a very large amount of money when you don't have it to begin with.

Writing your own biography are you???? Why are you getting so upset? Unless I struck an emotional cord with you. I wasn't intending to offend anybody. But seriously, if you are that bad off, you really should get your focus off TV and onto creating a larger income for yourself.

I specifically said there are people making minimum wage that have an emergency fund and there are others with an income in excess of $300K that are going bankrupt everyday. It is all about money management.

Sure there are people scraping by (at all income levels). If the only thing keeping them sane is TV they should be watching something they can learn to better their lives from. Not sitcoms and dramas. But that is another discussion.

I appreciate the fact that this site, for the most part, lets us say what is on our minds. So many sites let their popularity and size fill their heads and the owners/moderators start ruling with an iron fist. This site hasn't really done that and I appreciate it. You sound like you are welcoming more governance and restrictions on the site.

Thanks alot.....I just spit water all over my laptop....

That's the funniest thing I've read all week...

I like the start over feature! It is nice to see the local news at the beginning of the newscast on the weekends when I don't wake up at a certain time. I am not going to program the DVR all the time to record it. If I miss the news, I miss it. It is old later on anyway. I have been using start over on a regular basis since January in the Tampa area here. Only downside is the pixelazation is pretty bad when there is any type of rapid movement on the screen.

I like the start over feature! It is nice to see the local news at the beginning of the newscast on the weekends when I don't wake up at a certain time. I am not going to program the DVR all the time to record it. If I miss the news, I miss it. It is old later on anyway. I have been using start over on a regular basis since January in the Tampa area here. Only downside is the pixelazation is pretty bad when there is any type of rapid movement on the screen.

Another downside, which maybe only TV aficionados (like myself) would care about, is the five or six second delay the national cable channels suffer because of the equipment required for BHN to run the feed through to bring us Start Over. It is not just a 1/2 a second difference. There is a good 5 or 6 second delay between the CNN feed on DirecTV and the feed on BHN. Between the Start Over server hardware, the commercial inserting server, the downresing server, etc... BHN's presentation of anything Live is anything but live.

When I am sitting here watching the Superbowl OTA or via DirecTV, I know who won five or six seconds before I would if I watched it on my BHN box in the bedroom.

This may seem insignificant to some, but it is annoying as hell to me. And what if we had another terrorist attack. Do you want your breaking news delayed because your news feed is running through a Start Over server?

You, like anybody else are welcome to enjoy Start Over, but I hate it. I hated seeing the Start over prompt whenever tuning to a channel that is start-over-able. There is also a slight dealy added in channel surfing. You are also right about the macroblocking when using start over.

Like you said, the news gets old quick. So if you wake up late, you'd be starting over news that is now old. Instead, tune to a cable news channel like CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, or Bay News 9.

That's the funniest thing I ever heard. Start over is a national security issue now?

Nothing on TV is "live" anyway. The superbowl example there is already a 20-30second delay, from the broadcasters. News shows maybe "live" but they still have a small delay. 5 - 6 seconds is not going to affect anything in your life. At least not anything worth worrying about.

That's the funniest thing I ever heard. Start over is a national security issue now?

Nothing on TV is "live" anyway. The superbowl example there is already a 20-30second delay, from the broadcasters. News shows maybe "live" but they still have a small delay. 5 - 6 seconds is not going to affect anything in your life. At least not anything worth worrying about.

Start over sucks.......... welkum bak!!!!! haha

I want ever use it either (maybe) I dont watch much TV everything I do watch DVR'd and I watch it after it has been recorded. (I hate commercials)

Startover is working for CF News 13... I tried it out today I missed weather and it worked great :)

So I take back my negative toward it, it maybe just worthwhile afterall.

Awesome!

Too bad the Navigator Software Deployment has been pushes back a few months...boooo =/
If it wasn't for the damn triple combo I would sooooooooooo be enjoying 100 hd channels w/ sat right about now =p

Consider this my last post. I can no longer handle the mods of this site constantly deleting threads, signatures and banning users for no reason.

If you wish to know where I am going feel free to email me, cableguycfl@aol.com Ill be posting all my news and updates elsewhere.

Take care, glad to of had the chance to chat with you all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts