Start up Blu ray and HD DVD Business

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
A few months back I asked for some help with a business name and we decided to go with BuyHDOnline. Thanks for the suggestions.

Now that I have everything set "suppliers etc,." except for a website I was thinking for now I could go ahead and sell on ebay for a few months while I shop for a website designer. I sold a few of my old titles on ebay and I think this would be a good way of getting my business name out.

Good idea?

Thanks
Chris
BuyHDOnline

Last edited:
I think its a good start. I purchased some used video games off ebay and inside the case was a business card with the seller's website and email address. Make sure you list your website in your listing as well (when you get a website set up) as that will let other people who see the listing know where your base site is.

I think its a good start. I purchased some used video games off ebay and inside the case was a business card with the seller's website and email address. Make sure you list your website in your listing as well (when you get a website set up) as that will let other people who see the listing know where your base site is.

Thanks for the tip... Very good idea... I changed my ebay username to match my website address...

Don't pay you hard earned and much needed capital on an overpriced webmaster for your fledgling startup. Get a simple host (about $14 - $20 per month) and a simple web designing software and maybe buy an industry template ($35 - $200 depending) and do it yourself. Doing web work myself I know you will get raked over the coals by an over-charging pro and seeing as you are running a small, mom&pop, startup web business, you likely need your money. IMHO.

click link for an example

Places like register.com (and others) are great for the fledging startup.

What are your payment setup and methods?

Last edited:
Don't pay you hard earned and much needed capital on an overpriced webmaster for your fledgling startup. Get a simple host (about $14 - $20 per month) and a simple web designing software and maybe buy an industry template (about $35) and do it yourself. Doing web work myself I know you will get raked over the coals by an over-charging pro and seeing as you are running a small, mom&pop, startup web business, you likely need your money. IMHO.

I have a guy in mind that charges about $1,500 and will host and update the site monthly for $25.00.

I thought about using Paypal on the site.

Well if you can get a contract stating that $1500 is a ONE TIME ONLY charge for the life of your site (not per year) and details ALL the provided services (pics of products, throughput capacities, guaranteed uptime percentage, on-call immediate updates, etc.); then that could be a deal.

Well if you can get a contract stating that $1500 is a ONE TIME ONLY charge for the life of your site (not per year) and details ALL the provided services (pics of products, throughput capacities, guaranteed uptime percentage, on-call immediate updates, etc.); then that could be a deal.

I'm excited about this and also nervous at the same time..... Should be fun :D

Last edited:
Yep, I know that feeling. I went through all the same things when I wanted to take one of my passions; fresh custom roasted coffee that I was doing for me and mt friends, and sell it online, but without taking any of the operation out of my garage; away from me. It has worked out very well. We took that experience and my wife and her mom sell puppies the same way.

Just be careful..... I'm wary about the formats even surviving with Microsoft and E* bypassing the middleman with VOD over IP (not together but with separate delivery systems).

I want a physical media to survive, but in an IPod world people have gotten used to just buying bits and bytes and not the discs themselves.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)