Status
Not open for further replies.

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
I've been noticing a recent upturn in the number of viral marketing posts we are getting lately. Today, it is two posts in the BluRay forum for new niche releases. Yesterday somebody spammed several forums on a new cable series. Not too bad yet, but definitely ramping up.

We've been seeing ads for Disney, Discovery, GSN, and who knows what else this year. In one sense they are finding an audience here. Might not have known about the new Drew Carey Improv without the post and I'm enjoying that one. OTOH, I can see this snowballing over time where we get swamped.

Should we consider setting up a forum just for viral marketing? Ban it? Wait until we are drowning in it?

We are working with a number of programmers like we have with DISH and just like when the DISH Internet Responce Team started they are starting off sounding spammy instead of sounding like a real person.

We are working with them so that they can sound more human yet get their message across. :)

I think its cool that they recognize the value of our community and want to be a part of it... now to get them to be themselves... and that I am working on. :)

BTW I just say the one in the Bluray forum which was spam and also video pirarcy as they were offering Disney movies via bit torrents... not legit there.

So POOF it goes.

Cool. I just thought they were using the torrent to stream their trailers. Very strange post anyway. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts