Starz adding five new HD channels in mid-2010

--sexy-warlock--

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Chattanooga
Starz Set to Launch Five New HD Channels | High-Def Digest

Due out mid 2010, the expansion ups Starz HD offerings to nine high definition channels.
The lineup of new HD channels from the movie provider will include Stars Cinema HD, Starz in Black HD, IndiePlex HD, RetroplexHD and a west coast feed for Encore HD. All are presented in high definition, and with 5.1 channel audio Dolby Digital.

Ed Huguez, executive VP of sales and marketing for Starz says that thanks to the addition of HD channels in the past, their viewership, subscriber counts and customer satisfaction have been up significantly. Not surprisingly, he’s happy to see more HD Starz channels get out there. "We are pleased to extend the high definition reach of our channels next year and will begin working with our cable, satellite and Telco affiliates to bring them to consumers in the future,” he says.
No word yet on what channels will be available with what services, but expect to hear more before the speculated early to mid 2010 launch date.

Would love to see IndiePlex and Retroplex added, HD or not! FIOS added them to their "Movie Pack" a while back...which is ALL Showtime/TMC/Flix/Starz/Encore/Plex channels for $15 a month.

With Showtime losing all their studio contracts, it will be interesting to see how they compete over the next few years. Yes, they have a lot of good original shows, but Starz is starting to as well. IT seems like Showtime will have to mutate into a different sort of service.

Would love to see IndiePlex and Retroplex added, HD or not! FIOS added them to their "Movie Pack" a while back...which is ALL Showtime/TMC/Flix/Starz/Encore/Plex channels for $15 a month.

With Showtime losing all their studio contracts, it will be interesting to see how they compete over the next few years. Yes, they have a lot of good original shows, but Starz is starting to as well. IT seems like Showtime will have to mutate into a different sort of service.
ahh what I wouldnt do to have fios in my area. I hope Dish continues to add movie channels/HD feeds as they are killing D* in this department.

I hope Dish continues to add movie channels/HD feeds as they are killing D* in this department.

Which is exactly why they probably won't. Why try harder when you're already so far in front?

Their choices in what HD channels to leave out have been puzzling, though. Why Max West and not Sho West. Why Sho 2 and not MoreMax?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts