Please reply by conversation.

jaj1701

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Rochester, MN DMA #153
DIRECTV: Starz and Showtime - 2 for 1

From the website.....

When you order Starz® Super Pack and SHOWTIME UNLIMITED® you get 2 for the price of 1. See the hottest Hollywood hits and original series on a total of 15 Starz channels, including 8 in HD†, and 13 SHOWTIME® channels, including 10 in HD†, for only $12.99 or less per month for 3 months.

Order Starz® and SHOWTIME® and get 2 for the price of 1 for 3 months.
Enjoy 15 Starz® channels and 13 SHOWTIME® channels.

*Valid only for customers who do not currently subscribe to both Starz® and SHOWTIME®. Offer ends 10/31/10.

Looks like I'll get getting my 3 free months 7/1 - somewhere before 10/1, then if I liked them well enough, signing up for this before the end of the month. Do I need to make sure there is at least 30 days between my cancelling Star/Show and qualifying for this promotion?

Wonder if you will be able to redeem the $25 Showtime and $25 Starz rebate with this promotion?

++++++++DISCLAIMER+++++++++++

*Offer ends 10/31/10. Offer for DIRECTV residential customers with accounts in good standing, as determined by DIRECTV in its sole discretion, who do not currently subscribe to either Starz® Super Pack or SHOWTIME UNLIMITED® programming. Eligible customers must activate both Starz® and SHOWTIME® programming. Customers will receive a $11.01 bill credit for each month that both Starz® and SHOWTIME® subscriptions are active during the three-month period. Minimum three month subscription to both Starz® and SHOWTIME® programming required to receive bill credits. After three (3) months, customer's Starz® and SHOWTIME® subscriptions continue at then prevailing rate. Initial credits may take 4-6 weeks to appear on your bill. No cash value. May not be combined with any other offer. Pricing is residential. Taxes not included. Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change at any time.

That's what I thought. I believe it was Stonecold that said that Starz and/or showtime rebates are iffy when used with the 3 free month promotion.....even though they are being BILLED and then a credit applied.

This is similar, except it's only a partial credit. According to their terms, the rebate should work with either promotion, free or discounted.

Well I'm still going to submit both during my trial. If they don't go though, then I'll try again with this promotion.

Just received my Sho and Stz rebates for the last 2 for 1 promotion. Although, make sure you send them that first bill that has the "partial month" on it, or they'll assume you're a current customer.

I did the STARZ/SHOWTIME discount thing for a while. I've been paying full price for a month or so now. I cancelled both yesterday. I don't watch the channels enough to justify paying $24/month for them.

I did the STARZ/SHOWTIME discount thing for a while. I've been paying full price for a month or so now. I cancelled both yesterday. I don't watch the channels enough to justify paying $24/month for them.

Same. I'll do 2-for-1, but won't pay for both. After my last Starz/Sho 2-for-1, I called to cancel and asked if there were any HBO/Max deals, and they offered 2-for-1 for 3 mo. Now when that expires looks like I get to do Starz/Sho again. :D

Last time I did the Starz/Showtime B1G1 I sent in both rebates as well. I received the Starz $25 rebate quickly with no issue. I still have not received Showtime, though have called them and I'm waiting to see if they fix it. They claimed my bill was past due so I wasn't eligible. I use autopay and all my bills say "No payment due". Perhaps they can't read at the Showtime rebate processing center ;)

Well, I plan on trying to get the rebates on my 1st 3mos free. And if not, I'll be canceling before the end of the 3rd month, doing this 2 for 1, and trying again.

Funny part... According to Caller ID, D* has been trying to call every night this week. I was finally home when they called, and they were offering a "great, one-time promotional offer" where if I order Showtime, I can get Starz & Encore for free since I was one of their most preferred and loyal customers."

Wow! What a great deal! Thankfully they called and offered it to me, otherwise I would've had no idea. Plus, because I'm "preferred and loyal," that must mean this is a very exclusive deal that nobody else can get! :D

I didnt see anything in the rebate terms that would exclude it. One thing I did note is that Showtime wants original bills while Starz takes copies. Which means you'll want to cancel your paperless statements so you have the originals.

If you sent copies to Showtime, that might be why they dont pay.

I signed up for it and I'll send originals plus my email from directv confirming the channel orders to Showtime, and the copy plus email to Starz.

Not a bad deal if it works out, make $14 to have a bunch of premiums for 3 months.

Funny part... According to Caller ID, D* has been trying to call every night this week. I was finally home when they called, and they were offering a "great, one-time promotional offer" where if I order Showtime, I can get Starz & Encore for free since I was one of their most preferred and loyal customers."

Wow! What a great deal! Thankfully they called and offered it to me, otherwise I would've had no idea. Plus, because I'm "preferred and loyal," that must mean this is a very exclusive deal that nobody else can get! :D

lol. Over the phone I was offered 2 for 1 HBO and Cinemax. But I have been a loyal customer with no late payments for over 48 hrs. :)

I wish DirecTV was like DISH concerning their premium discounts. HBO is the same price as anything else when bundled with at least one other premium AND Playboy counts as a standard premium channel as well!

With DISH, you can get HBO + Playboy for $24 a month :)

Dish Network pricing.
1 package for $13-$16 depending on the station, compared to $13-$15 on DirecTV
2 packages for $24 (same as D* w/o HBO, $2 cheaper then D* with HBO)
3 packages for $33 ($1 cheaper, $3 cheaper with HBO)
4 packages for $42 (same, $2 cheaper with HBO)
5 packages for $52 ($4 more expensive, $2 more with HBO)

Their Multisport is $7 always ala carte....which is no DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts