Starz-HD East: 21 Grams 10/23 at 9pm EDT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
B0001CNRRU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Summary: Sean Penn and Benecio Del Toro, two of the most gripping actors around, play wildly different men linked through a grieving woman (Naomi Watts, Mulholland Drive, The Ring) in 21 Grams. Del Toro (Traffic, The Usual Suspects) delves deep into the role of an ex-con turned born-again Christian, a deeply conflicted man struggling to set right a terrible accident, even at the expense of his family. Penn (Mystic River, Dead Man Walking) captures a cynical, philandering professor in dire need of a heart transplant, which he gets from the death of Watts' husband. 21 Grams slips back in forth in time, creating an intricate emotional web out of the past and the present that slowly draws these three together; the result is remarkably fluid and compelling. The movie overreaches for metaphors towards the end, but that doesn't erase the power of the deeply felt performances. --Bret Fetzer

Looks like another wonderful upconvert.. Starz is really pissing me off with their BS, although with Texas Chainsaw, I'm not sure but I thought I saw an airing later that had it listed as "HD" (or maybe I was dreaming). Whats with all the new movies they bring in as upconverts? I'm still waiting for Kill Bill one of my favorite movies, to get the 1080i treatment it deserves, yes it makes a damn bit of difference. Many shots all the objects and environments in this film just aren't very sharp.

I recorded this on my HD DVR (Cable) last night and I too noticed the PQ was horrible when I went to play it a short while ago. I erased it since we've seen the movie before...there was no compelling reason for us to watch it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts