Starz-HD: LOTR - The Fellowship of the Ring

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I believe is on as of 9am. But it will be on tonight at 9:00 pm. It is the extended edition with DD 5.1.

Synopsis: Based on J.R.R. Tolkien's fantasy masterpiece, young Hobbit Frodo has been entrusted with a powerful magic ring which must be destroyed to prevent the evil Lord Sauron from enslaving the world.

If you miss it tonight, you could watch it any of these days.
  • Fri, Dec 19 9:00PM
  • Sat, Dec 20 1:10AM
  • Sat, Dec 20 5:00AM
  • Sat, Dec 20 8:40AM
  • Sat, Dec 20 1:00PM
  • Sat, Dec 20 5:20PM
  • Sun, Dec 21 12:10AM
  • Sun, Dec 21 7:30AM
  • Sun, Dec 21 2:00PM
  • Thr, Dec 25 5:30AM
  • Thr, Dec 25 4:00PM
  • Wed, Dec 31 10:30AM
  • Wed, Dec 31 9:00PM [/list:u]

Wow, how could they not show this OAR?

In honor of the people with Starz HD, my kids and I watched the DVD's of the first two installments yesterday. I must say, they look great even at 480p, wish I could have seen it in HD.

It is too bad, given a Dish PPV version (not extended edition though) exists in OAR (not true for Two Towers).

The OAR version of LOTR Theatrical was just stunning. I have to say, even if E* gets Starz, I may pass on it. I am just disgusted with the complete lack of respect these morons have for film and for the customers paying for them. The CEO of Starz hates widescreen and even openly complains about High definition having an aspect ratio wider than "normal" TV's. The man is a complete nimrod.

Roger Ebert will be writing about the trend of cropping films for High Def in an upcoming column.

From a brief look, the PQ looked OK but not the you-are-there, almost HD-video look of some Starz HD.