Starz-HD On VOOM Dec 2nd, 2003?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
According to this article, Starz! Reach Carriage Agreement with National Cable TV, Starz HD will star transmitting on Dec 2nd, 2003. We know already from previous released information (at Voom Press Conference on 10/15/03) that Voom has a deal in place. Will this channel show up in VOOM's line up on December 2nd, 2003? Keep a watch on it on channels 261 (East) and 262 (West)...

Here are the December Movies on Starz-HD
Starz-HD December Movies

I wonder is Two Towers will be proper OAR.

Sean, I cross posted the above in yahoogroups just to see if Wilt may chime in.

Keep up the great work. BTW, where's Cinemax (or HBO for that matter).

Tim

A day before Starz launches and no news... I checked the lineup this morning and there was nothing showing up in the PG. Starz may not launch tomorrow on VOOM. I remember that with NFL-HD (channel 311) it took them a while to add it to the lineup as well. We'll see...

Maybe something is coming down. I just turned the receiver and it would not turn on. I had to reboot the receiver. I checked the PG and it looks like V* added a bunch of local channels that map to my area but are not digitally active today. I lost all PG programs :| .

I don't think Voom ever promissed to be the first to carry MaxHD, TMCHD, or StarzHD (though they need to get HBO-HD up quick to remain competitive). That said,m I believe most Voom consumers hope/want/and to some extent expect Voom to be first on the block with these major services (even if not on the day the services turn on, soon there after).

Tim

rudolpht said:
I don't think Voom ever promissed to be the first to carry MaxHD, TMCHD, or StarzHD (though they need to get HBO-HD up quick to remain competitive). That said,m I believe most Voom consumers hope/want/and to some extent expect Voom to be first on the block with these major services (even if not on the day the services turn on, soon there after).

Tim

I do not know about MaxHD or TMCHD but StarzHD was clearly stated that V* had a deal in place (10/15/03 Press Conference).

Speculation at best: You would think that since they already carried showtime (and their HD channels, SD & HD), TMCHD would not be a problem (being that showtime owns the TMC). Voom already carries the SD version of the TMC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts