Starz-HD: The Hot Chick

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
There is no designation whether the movie is "True HD". I am watching now and if I did not look carefully in the background and see the picture noise, I would say that it is HD. However, it is not. I do not know why Starz-HD does this. Why give us less than HD to brand new movies that are supposed to look gorgeous in HD. My DVD looks much better than this movie.

Hmmm. watching it on the plasma right now. Looks pretty good and don't notice much noise on dark scenes, but the 37" size maybe hiding some of that. It certainly isn't pristine, but I attribute alot of that to the transfer.

Sean? Is your DVI out now working?

Mr. Biggles said:
Hmmm. watching it on the plasma right now. Looks pretty good and don't notice much noise on dark scenes, but the 37" size maybe hiding some of that. It certainly isn't pristine, but I attribute alot of that to the transfer.

Sean? Is your DVI out now working?

On my 42" Samsung is looks fine but when I go to the Sony GWII 60" I can see the picture noise. Also, Starz has indicated on their website that if the movie is not designated as "True HD" then one has to assume it is not.

On the samsung DLP I have not tried the DVI yet; it is still on component.

Sean Mota said:
I do not know why Starz-HD does this. Why give us less than HD to brand new movies that are supposed to look gorgeous in HD. My DVD looks much better than this movie.
Exactly! This is why I canceled my Starz subscription. I'd better spend my money on DVD rental! It is so frustrating to watch movies like Gangs of New York or Pianist in up-converted SD and in 3:4!

Wasnt STARZ a late but very dedicated advocate of DD5.1? You would think they would be consistent in thier attitude towards "the best experience you could get". It's possible I am thinking of Showtime but I think STARZ was the channel bragging about thier numerous 5.1 offerings.

Where do you guys get all this time an money, let me know now. I'm still in school, still have time to change career paths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)