Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I went to a local Sears yesterday hoping to see a working VOOM Display, instead I was surprised to see every monitor in the store showing ads for Starz HD.

I asked a clerk about VOOM and Starz HD.

Was told that they took the VOOM Display down because it bever worked.

And that Starz HD would be available in December on Dish Network.

Now while I realize this was just a sales guy, this does back up what Charlie Ergen said at the Baltimore Confrence in September. (I reported this in an exclusive report for our Donating Pub Members area)That when Charlie was listing off all the HD Dish Carries he accidently named off Starz HD as being one of Dish Networks HD Channels. :)

Very interesting, and also an impressive demo loop for Starz HD.

Just thought I would pass that along. :)

ride525 said:
Is it fair to assume that you would have to subscribe to Starz movie package to get Starz HD?

You have to subscribe to the exclusive member area to learn that.

gpflepsen said:
ride525 said:
Is it fair to assume that you would have to subscribe to Starz movie package to get Starz HD?

Very doubful. There are other ways, such as the upcoming chat. Additionally, it really doesn't matter what is speculated on today versus what will become fact in a week or so. It's very doubtful anyone would switch their programming source based upon what will or won't be revealed by Dish in the next few weeks. Most would wait to hear if a decision was based upon certain facts.

Additionally, so much of the "secret" and "privileged" information we've seen from many people over the past few months has turned out to be incorrect (by orders of magnitude) and it's to the point that I, and presumably many others, have to come to ignore this "secret and privileged" information until actual announcements are made by Dish.

I was also at Sears yesterday. They claimed to have had VOOM working, but were unable to make it work while I was there. VOOM should put the pressure on all satellite providers to increase their HD channel count. Cinemax HD, Starz ND, Bravo HD, and INHD 1 and 2 should all be possibilities before the end of 2003. Are there issues other than $$ to prevent E* from beaming these?

I know as soon as E* adds Starz-HD I'll be going back to AEP package. I used to have it but dropped it when Starz's Sie said that Starz wouldn't do HD.

Additionally, so much of the "secret" and "privileged" information we've seen from many people over the past few months has turned out to be incorrect (by orders of magnitude) and it's to the point that I, and presumably many others, have to come to ignore this "secret and privileged" information until actual announcements are made by Dish.

My information can be verified by any retailer who was at the Baltimore Confrence.

Nothing secrect or privilidged as far as that goes. :)

My record for reporting things speaks for itself. I use no crystal ball, I just ask the right people the right questions.

Jerry G said:
gpflepsen said:
ride525 said:

Very doubful. There are other ways, such as the upcoming chat. Additionally, it really doesn't matter what is speculated on today versus what will become fact in a week or so. It's very doubtful anyone would switch their programming source based upon what will or won't be revealed by Dish in the next few weeks. Most would wait to hear if a decision was based upon certain facts.

Jerry, I think it was intended as a joke....

:superlol:

I forgot to add one of these guys. I guess I gave Jerry more credit, I thought he was a farcical cynic of a droll.

:shock:

Oh, and I'll drop HBO for Starz when Starz HD is up and running.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)