Starz HD

I have been doing some repeaking on my Dish 1000, that I only use for the 129 sat and I had it up to 80 - 85 on most of the transponders that we use for hd. I checked again later and it had dropped down to the 70's . Checked again an hour ago and it was up to the 80's again. Is that what you mean by sat signal drops every 20 minutes?

I had heard that they might move another sat to the 129 space to correct the problems untill they add another new sat with spotbeams in 2007 or 2008.

By the way I have a dish 500 that I repeaked for 110 /119 and I have a good strong signal in the 100's on both sats , except spot beams now.

MikeD-C05 said:
Okay how about Home Garden tv in hd? Food network in hd? All at Team Summit?

Whatever happend to HGTV and Food Network HD. Are those totally off the table or just delayed ? Any information on when Dish might carry these ?

Yep, that's what I mean about the the signal dropping every 20 minutes or so. But in my case, I'm only getting 129 in the upper 60 range since my 1000 is doing 110/119/129 and when 129 drops, it kills the reception on those TPs entirely for a few minutes in my location.

It'd sure be terrific if E* would move another sat there to sub for the existing bird at 129. Right now, the new HD channels aren't terribly watchable and last night, during a movie I was watching on UHD, the second time it dropped-out, it locked-up my 622, requiring the first reset I've had to do to it since it was installed.

It hosed up my recording of BSG on UHD as well. Split into two on the DVR screen and made it pretty much unwatchable, so I deleted the two items.

I haven't been following things lately, but I haven't had any problems with 129. And I'm pretty far south (Arizona).

Anyway, good news all around...time to order my 622, as I assume Phoenix HD should be going live around that time as well.

So at least by mid June, Starz HD will be on Dish HD? I really hope so, starz has a good library and new movies. Any news or rumors about Cinemax HD?

ChetK said:
Does Starz HD air movies in OAR?

Starz HD is on our cable system (Comcast). Some movies on the HD channel are in SD. A few are OAR, but not most. (I assume virtually all movies are 1.85 or greater.)

...mike

StarzHD shows a ton of upconverts. The titles in true HD during a month averages around 100 on HBO and Cinemax - a few less on ShowtimeHD and around 40 on StarzHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)