STARZ preview ch 285 guide/recording problem

pacman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
SF Bay Area, CA
Had an interesting problem this weekend during the STARZ preview and was wondering if anyone else experienced this. I setup the 942 to record a bunch of movies from several of the preview channels (285-29x?). Yesterday I went to watch a couple and found that most of the movies recorded on channel 285 started right in the middle of a movie (like Stealth, which I didn't see listed in the guide at all when setting up the recordings) and so then in the middle somewhere the movie I wanted started, but the ending wasn't there... It seems like the guide data was wrong for just that channel from Saturday on... Anyone else notice this?

tomyo10 said:
yes- Stealth was on but Bewitched was on the guide.
From what was mentioned on the starz channel before the movie, Stealth was a special showing for the Dish freeview.

The worst part was the guide data was just an advertisement for subscribing to Starz. If you wanted the movie data, you had to go to the real channel locations and rwad the movie data and corre3late it to the other channel number. What a mess.

I hate that they dont have the movie info data for the preview channels. It is a pain to have to go to the regular channel to get that data. What I did during the preview before the Starz one is that I went online and got the movie data while selecting which movies on the preview section of the guide that I wanted to record. This way I would not have to go back and forth in the EPG to get the movie info data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)