Starz Torchwood- A Miracle Day

I felt things kind of stalled out last night. And I sure could have done without one of the sex scenes. I did like the return of the contact lens camera.

KAB said:
I felt things kind of stalled out last night. And I sure could have done without one of the sex scenes. I did like the return of the contact lens camera.

Yes, that was the one scene I skipped over. That caught me by surprise.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

I re-thought the contact lens camera thing. They got "whisked away" from Wales to America. Did she just happen to have it in her purse???

I think this was one of the lamest Torchwoods of all time. It was like they had 5 minutes left and they needed some filler somewhere in the episode. So ... They threw in a sex scene - well a couple. No romance. No flirting. Completely L A M E.

Please STARZ, don't do this again.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I knew we couldn't get to far in without Jack getting laid. AFter all in the series he was always screwing some guy. Funny though, he uses the random guy for sex , but he will call Gwen for the emotional/love support, with the guy right next to him in the bed. It's like he can't get it all from one source. The episode itself was very slow and ploding. I kept looking at my watch time and time again: When will it be over? I hope it picks up soon. But my thought is that once they solve the whole miracle thing, that will be the end of this series. They seem to be making them in small story arcs , like Torchwood: Children of the Earth, Torchwood : Miracle Day.

Neither sex scene was needed... I agree theoak...both were completely unnecessary. Neither one advanced the plot, neither one did anything to tell us anything about the characters that we already didn't know.

It makes sense that once they solve the mystery of Miracle Day and people start dying again, the series will end...

The BBC edited that 10 seconds out and has requested that a few seconds of something be edited out of episode 6. Supposedly those are the only changes the BBC has made to the airings in the UK. So there is a chance unfortunately that we may have another scene of captain jack au natural in our futures.

The first two seasons were 13 episodes each, I believe and were mostly stand alone episodes with an underlying story and theme. Been a while since I have watched them, so don't quote me on them. The third season, Children of Earth, was aired as a 5 part mini series aired over 5 consecutive days, with a single overall story. This is the 4th season and has the overall story of the Miracle Day, which is the day no more deaths were occurring on the planet.

It is also a spin off of Doctor Who if you didn't know.

You can see the original Torchwood series on Netflix streaming. They might also have the second series Torchwood : Children of Earth. It only cost $8.65 a month with tax INCLUDED to view the vast library of streaming shows on Netflix.

You can see the original Torchwood series on Netflix streaming. They might also have the second series Torchwood : Children of Earth. It only cost $8.65 a month with tax INCLUDED to view the vast library of streaming shows on Netflix.

Children of Earth was the third series. Two regular seasons ahead of it.

I would prefer that they do some self contained episodes. I can see them taking a few episodes to get the band back together, but I like the problem of the week format of the first couple of seasons.

Neither sex scene was needed... I agree theoak...both were completely unnecessary. Neither one advanced the plot, neither one did anything to tell us anything about the characters that we already didn't know.

It makes sense that once they solve the mystery of Miracle Day and people start dying again, the series will end...

They have concluded though that people are still aging though ... so they will grow to this old pile of bones, not able to move ... that will not die ... really sad situation.

Could the child that they guy killed have been some sort of alien, that somehow gave him eternal life when she died ... and when he "died" it was kind of like an "Adam and Eve" thing in that his immortality now got passed on to all mankind (versus death as in Adam and Eve)?

How the drug company got wind of this I have not figured out yet though ...

Probably reading too much into the plot.

As far as the series ending ... hopefully ... they will leave it open and not kill off everyone like they did last time around ... like some closure ... but with a cliffhanger ... kind of like destroying the death star ... but Darth Vader goes flying off into space ...

The first two seasons were 13 episodes each, I believe and were mostly stand alone episodes with an underlying story and theme. Been a while since I have watched them, so don't quote me on them. The third season, Children of Earth, was aired as a 5 part mini series aired over 5 consecutive days, with a single overall story. This is the 4th season and has the overall story of the Miracle Day, which is the day no more deaths were occurring on the planet.

So were the other series on Starz as well? And would I be beter off trying to watch the series leading up to miracle day, or is it toally different form the others?

So were the other series on Starz as well? And would I be beter off trying to watch the series leading up to miracle day, or is it toally different form the others?

They were on BBC/BBCA.

If you have amazon prime you can probably watch them for free.

2012 Primetime Emmy Nominations

Eureka thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts