Starz Torchwood- A Miracle Day

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I did not see this mentioned. It starts tomorrow. It looks like they are keeping the same actors as the original.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

I'm assuming this is a transplant from the BBC. Is it safe to assume that Starz will air the episodes in their entirety? Or will episodes be truncated (like Dr. Who on BBCA)?

I'm planning on catching up on Torchwood via Netflix and would record this for later viewing if the episodes are the full episodes. Otherwise, I will pass.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It is a joint BBC/Starz production, mostly shot in the US. Episodes will be uncut.

Last edited:
Well it's hot and it's Friday, so why work when i could watch Torchwood early. It was pretty good, a nice mixture of action and drama that Torchwood is known for. I will watch again tonight as I am sure I probably missed things, as I was answering some emails and a few other mindless things. I think it is going to be a good season.

You will probably like that. I was just getting pulled into the episode when it ended. I have got to the point that I have been dvr'ing 3 or 4 episodes of series before I start watching. Then I will catch up on a weekend with a mini marathon.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Is in my DVR recorded last night just back from gym Gonna watch it ..I bet is good series when saw the trailer Month ago.
I REAL liked “CAMELOT” Sux season end :(

Well it was an interesting start. They played a bit loose with the statistics, they were claiming that if people did not die, we would run out of food in a few months. In reality only about 56million people die a year. 8.37 out of 1000 die a year Mortality rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... so the population would go up by an additional 1% per year over the current rate. Hardly an immediate world wide food shortage.

Of course as demonstrated in the episode, it is unknown how to kill someone. So, starving them to death probably would not be possible either...

It is like all the people would stay alive for ever like Zombies without the rapid urge to eat each other. But if the world became so crowded and the food supply went down , they might try to eat each other. The circle of life has to have death too or the whole civilization would fall apart. I love Torchwood before and it looks like I am going to love this version too.

The only problem I have is Matheson is a bit over the top. Not sure if it is intentional, or bad acting on Phifer's part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts