Stealth amplifer

theman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2004
I have the Winegard II on the same pole my sat is installed which is not on the roof it is on a pole in my yard.The Winegard is a couple feet above the sat .The installer used the same amplifier that was used with the Stealth is that going to be ok ?Or can i buy a better one art radio shack?Thanks everyone for the help since i have been here. :cool:

It's probably a power-inserter, not an amplifier. The amplifier is usually built into the antenna itself. It should be ok, I think. You have two separate cables and no diplexers, right?

theman said:
Yes, two seperate lines.
Then yes, you need a power inserter and VOOM, according to some reports, doesn't ship the power inserter with Winegard II, so you either need to buy a power supply (e.g. PS-9370) from Winegard's reseller, or use some third-party power supply/inserter, like the one you have. If I am not mistaken, the one you have has slightly higher voltage than Winegard's standard 18 volts, but I don't think this is a problem for Winegard II, as it has a built-in a voltage regulator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)