Steelers Being Shopped!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
He is not shopping the Steelers. They are trying to get all control under as few of the Rooneys family members as possible. Right now I think 8 people own some part of the team, maybe more.

Thank you Ramy,
I just about jumped thru the monitor to slap HD MM.

That is NOT what the story says HD MM.

ESPN - Reports: Rooney family members considering outside investors - NFL

Read the very first paragraph.

Jimbo

Jimbo, read the second paragraph of that ESPN column you posted...

"But some members of the family are considering other options outside the Rooney family circle, including Pittsburgh-area billionaire Stanley Druckenmiller, according to The Wall Street Journal."

I wouldn't worry though. Even if ownership goes to a different family, I don't think it would be very wise to do anything dramatic such as moving the franchise or anything. The Steelers should stay in Pittsburgh no matter who owns them.

Seems like a deal similar to the Twins and Calvin Griffith or the Dodgers and Peter O'Malley. A lot of sports teams have been in families for decades and represent 99.9% of the owner's wealth. It is logical to cash in and let some richy rich own it as a hobby and live a better life.

Jimbo, read the second paragraph of that ESPN column you posted...

"But some members of the family are considering other options outside the Rooney family circle, including Pittsburgh-area billionaire Stanley Druckenmiller, according to The Wall Street Journal."

I wouldn't worry though. Even if ownership goes to a different family, I don't think it would be very wise to do anything dramatic such as moving the franchise or anything. The Steelers should stay in Pittsburgh no matter who owns them.

I think what will happen is that the family members interested in FOOTBALL, will buy out the shares of those wanting to do the race track thing.
Might not happen right away, but I think it will happen, and No I do not think they will be moving to any other city. I would hope that the Rooney's can hang on to it though.

jimbo

leave it to a browns fan...jeezh, might want to read why Joe J. will be out for the season before you start trying to dog on my steelers :)...its as simple as this, some of the rooneys are connected to gambling, and they want to make sure they can keep it in check and not hurt the steelers, sorry this is a non story.

This has been an ongoing thing for about 2 years now.

A bio of the potential new owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers.....

Stanley Druckenmiller
#91 on the Forbes 400 List

Net Worth: $3.5 Billion
Marital Status: Married, 3 children
Source: Finance, Self Made
Hometown: NYC
Education: Bowdoin College, Bachelor of Arts / Science

LY6W.jpg

A bio of the potential new owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers.....

Stanley Druckenmiller
#91 on the Forbes 400 List

Net Worth: $3.5 Billion
Marital Status: Married, 3 children
Source: Finance, Self Made
Hometown: NYC
Education: Bowdoin College, Bachelor of Arts / Science

LY6W.jpg

This could be a good thing, or it could be a bad thing, it's too soon to tell.

I would really hate to see the Rooney get rid of them after all these years.
The best thing would be for the controlling interest to go to the ones in the Football business but well see.
One thing you always knew with the Rooney's and Steelers, thatis that the coach would always get the benifit of the doubt and would not be fired for stupid things like alot of NFL coaches, you knew where you stood at all times.

Maybe if the Rooney's do hang on to them, Mr. Druckenmiller would be interested in buying the LIONS !

Wasn't Mr. Druckenmiller mentioned about possibly buying a different team a few years back ? (Maybe SF ???)

IF Druckenmiller does buy thew team, I hope he holds the same standards and has learned from the Rooney's as well.
He could be aa breath of fresh air to the Steeler's as well, maybe he would be willing to spend some money and actually KEEP some of the good players that the Steeler's lose to Free Agency EVERY year.

Jimbo

As a Cleveland Fan, I must say that I still admire the hell out of the Rooney's. Their ownership and voice has always been a good thing for the league. The Rooney's were one of two owners who spoke up against the Browns move. He also did a lot to create a fair job market, with equal opportunity, etc....

With that said, I hope they find a way to keep the Steelers ownership in their family. If not, I hope this Drunkenmiller guy carries on all of the goodwill that the Rooney's brought to that city and team....

As a Cleveland Fan, I must say that I still admire the hell out of the Rooney's. Their ownership and voice has always been a good thing for the league. The Rooney's were one of two owners who spoke up against the Browns move. He also did a lot to create a fair job market, with equal opportunity, etc....

With that said, I hope they find a way to keep the Steelers ownership in their family. If not, I hope this Drunkenmiller guy carries on all of the goodwill that the Rooney's brought to that city and team....

From an article I read the other day, it looks like Druckenmiller is a Pittsburgh guy and has no desire to move the team.

The only thing I don't like about the Rooney's is their inability to pay players enough to have them want to stay, they have lost alot of top notch players in thier prime years.

They have kept some, but alot have gone away.
They kept Roethlisberger, and Hines Ward I think got a new contract, I would imagine they will hand more money to Polomalu when time comes (don't know the status of his contract).

Jimbo

Was Mike Brown the other one? I seem to remember the Bengals' management displaying sincere sorrow (for good reason) when the Browns left.

Nope. Brown voted for the move.

The only other owner besides Rooney to vote against it was Ralph Wilson of the Buffalo Bills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)