Steely McDrunk

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Pittsburgh Steeler Mascot, Steely McBeam arrested!!!!.........

Steely McBeam's reputation is now a bit tarnished. One of the men hired by the Steelers to play the mascot has been fired.

Kenneth Hahey, 24, of Mt. Washington was charged with drunken driving after he was stopped in the South Side in January, according to Pittsburgh municipal court records. His blood alcohol level was .166, according to a police affidavit.

Steelers spokesman David Lockett said Hahey has been "released from his duties."

Lockett said Steely McBeam will still be a part of the Steelers.

See links here.......

Revealed: Steely McBeam actor arrested - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

ProFootballTalk.com - STEELY McBEAM LIKES HIS JIM BEAM

SteelyFinal.jpg

I hear he's scheduled to meet with the Bengals next week?!

Was he wearing the Steelers mascot suit when he got arrested ?

This is the stuff that should not make the news.
It's no different than me or anyone else getting arrested, unless he was in the get up when it happened.

Jimbo

Apparently this isn't the first time a Pittsburgh Mascot has gotten in trouble either.........

1) During the 1985 Pittsburgh Drug Trials, the original Pirate Parrot, Kevin Koch, was implicated for buying cocaine and introducing players to local drug dealers. See link HERE.

2) A few years later, the Pirate-themed mascot that replaced Koch, was arrested for breaking into a public pool after hours and going skinny-dipping with two ladies. It made him a local hero, but it also got him good and fired.

When are they going to start doing backround checks on these "questionable characters"? :rolleyes:

250px-Pirate_parrot_pirates_mascot.jpg

Was he wearing the Steelers mascot suit when he got arrested ?

This is the stuff that should not make the news.
It's no different than me or anyone else getting arrested, unless he was in the get up when it happened.

Jimbo

Oh come on Jimbo, we all know that every time a celebrity or athlete gets in trouble it make the news. And being another Pittsburgh mascot is in the headlines for mischief makes for even juicier tabloid in my opinion.....

Oh come on Jimbo, we all know that every time a celebrity or athlete gets in trouble it make the news. And being another Pittsburgh mascot is in the headlines for mischief makes for even juicier tabloid in my opinion.....

Since when is a MASCOT a celebrity ?

Since when do Football teams need mascots ?

They don't, especially the Steelers don't need one. The Mascot, not the "scandal"(If you can call it a scandal), is a disgrace. The Steelers went all these years without one, now the embarrass themselves with this joke.

If the wanted to add something to the team to make the fans louder or more into the game, then they should get cheerleaders.:hungry::D