Steps to activate hopper w/ sling upgrade

GOMD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
cleveland
Just received my HWS upgrade, anyone know of any do's or don'ts when activating a HWS to replace a Hopper 2000? Just don't want to mess anything up. I was going to connect the HWS and then check mydish for activation info, is that about it? Thanks in advance.

Yes, just connect the Sling Loaded Hopper exactly as the original Hopper is connected. Activate the receiver & smart card and then follow the prompts on the screen. If you have any difficulties, please let me know. Thank you!

Yes, just connect the Sling Loaded Hopper exactly as the original Hopper is connected. Activate the receiver & smart card and then follow the prompts on the screen. If you have any difficulties, please let me know. Thank you!

Thanks so much for the quick response, waiting for activation now. Hoping it will allow me to transer timers after its finished. Tried to restore from remote during install and it failed.

Timers restored, now HWS will not show as "online" on dish anywhere. Resetting to see if that helps. Any reason I shouldn't be able to see my HWS as onine, it is connected via ethernet and when testing the connection it says its ok

Timers restored, now HWS will not show as "online" on dish anywhere. Resetting to see if that helps. Any reason I shouldn't be able to see my HWS as onine, it is connected via ethernet and when testing the connection it says its ok

Just like Hopper 2000, when you first activate your HwS you need to allow 24 hours for all functions to come online.