Still cannot record two programs

Su Meri

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
What am I doing wrong? I can't even record a program and watch another?
Does it matter if I am watching and/or recording on TV2 instead of TV1?
This is a huge problem with the Unit and Scrubs both on at the same time!

While I have had dish in the past (for 7 years) This is my first dual tuner.
My setting was enabled so I disabled it. I am in dual mode. So my new settings have the record plus disabled and the record preference TV2??
Still will not let me even record a show and watch another?
Thanks for the help everyone

It sounds like you may be trying to watch/record 2 OTA programs at the same time. You can record 2 satellite channels and 1 OTA channel at the same time (while watching up to two more previously recorded shows - if in dual mode) but Only 1 of the shows being watched/recorded live can be OTA.

I haven't yet hooked up an OTA. I am only trying to watch and record on satellite. No luck

Su, maybe we can try and work out what is going on, by doing this step byt step.

If you press the dvr button on remote 1( the main one) do you see a list of recorded programs. I assume so.
so if you now go back to the tv (press cancel button ) and press the record buttton and it starts recording i assume ( you see REC appear on the tv)
Now press the dvr button again. and select any previously recorded show in the list, except the top one as that is the show we just started recording. Do you see, on the tv, this older recorded show or not ?

if you do you are now recording and watching at the same time.

If you follow the same procedure with Remote 2 at the same time you will be watching 2 and recording 2.

The next step would be to use a timer instead. of the instant record, but the effect is the same.

Let us know what step seems to be failing or if i have misunderstood your issue.

Su Meri said:
While I have had dish in the past (for 7 years) This is my first dual tuner.
My setting was enabled so I disabled it. I am in dual mode. So my new settings have the record plus disabled and the record preference TV2??
Still will not let me even record a show and watch another?
Thanks for the help everyone

Change the Record Plus to "Enable" and leave reference on TV2. That should correct it. With it disabled you make the default tv1 and leaving tv2 open for independent viewing. Unless you need it in dual mode to use the two tv's independently, I'd switch it to single user mode.

Thanks guys. I'll try it when I get home from work. This work crap really cuts into my Dish viewing

Am I understanding correctly that it should work if I record one program using remote 1 and watch something else using remote 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)