Still confused about Dish and home internet

man00

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Is Dish planning to offer Home Internet ? When I called they offered what was here local and knew nothing about Dish internet.
If they plan on doing this is it just for larger cities and towns not for rural areas? I seen Verizon and others offer home internet
in larger cites maybe one or two blocks covered and I guess they can get the government handouts $$$$$..If and when Dish does
this home internet they don't follow the same road as others....Again not even sure Dish is or will offer this anytime soon or ever

Is Dish planning to offer Home Internet ? When I called they offered what was here local and knew nothing about Dish internet.
If they plan on doing this is it just for larger cities and towns not for rural areas? I seen Verizon and others offer home internet
in larger cites maybe one or two blocks covered and I guess they can get the government handouts $$$$$..If and when Dish does
this home internet they don't follow the same road as others....Again not even sure Dish is or will offer this anytime soon or ever
I’m not sure but my neighbor has dish and internet with them, it’s just a second satellite on their house and it says dish NET on it

Reactions: charlesrshell
While DISH Wireless IS a thing, its still more a test network and not a viable product at this point.
If you are in an area where it is available you can subscribe, but again its more a test network than anything else. Do not expect super fast speeds from it currently. DISH had to get their network up in a certain number of markets by June and they did that but their Network is not ready for real use yet. They are now getting other cities lit up to meet their next deadline.

When their network is fully up and optimized you will know its ready as they plan on advertising it probably more than anything has been advertised.

Again if you want to sign up and play with what they have now, you are welcome to. It works, it is just not as good or fast as it should be. This is why they are not really advertising it.

Isn’t that their cell service? The op was asking about Wi-Fi.
I expect Dish 5G will be used more for Internet services than talking. In fact, I suspect they want business customers more than individuals. Data exchanges from cars and trucks for navigation, updates, etc. Emergency services. Farm use (automated tractors and equipment are coming online just in time for Dish). Internet for commercial buses, canal boats and other mobile units. Drones. Weather stations. But WAIT! There’s MORE! (Anyone else miss Ronco?)

Are you speaking of HughesNet ?
No, Dish provides a satalite internet service, the dish they use looks exactly like the one they use for tv except it says Dish NET instead of Dish HD. You would most likely need to call them to know more about it. Here is a link that would explain it more as I am not a dish network customer but I have learned from many people here. LINK - - - DISH Network Internet Prices & Plans | dishNET Internet Bundles

No, Dish provides a satalite internet service, the dish they use looks exactly like the one they use for tv except it says Dish NET instead of Dish HD. You would most likely need to call them to know more about it. Here is a link that would explain it more as I am not a dish network customer but I have learned from many people here. LINK - - - DISH Network Internet Prices & Plans | dishNET Internet Bundles

Yes I’ve confirmed dish DOSE provide high speed internet via SATELLITE

no it is Hughes, a simple Google search would of told you that, by the way, how did you confirm it?

HughesNet Named “Best Satellite Internet Service Provider of 2021” by U.S. News & World Report! Call Today! HughesNet powers your existing dishNET service – it's easy!

As Bruce said, it's Hughes satellite Internet that Dish resells. Hughes is owned by Dish sister company Echostar.

Sorry I meant No as that not only do they provide hughesnet but that they also provide other services as well. Didn’t mean to confuse anyone.
Is that your way of saying you were incorrect?

It's Hughesnet. The Dishnet dishes are old, from when Dish was the primary installer for Hughes Gen 1 systems. When Hughes Gen 5 came out, the Dishnet name was dropped but either way, it's still Hughesnet.
Other services mean bundled services with, typically, available DSL service, like Frontier, Century Link, etc

Planet dish advertises bundling your internet with your Dish programming. Their advertisement shows Spectrum but the only bundle that they actually offer gives you a savings of $5 with Frontier.

I would love to bundle Spectrum and Dish. I pay $74.99 per month to Spectrum for 300/10 Mbps internet and $155 per month to Dish. I could save money by dropping Dish and bundling TV and internet through Spectrum but nothing comes close to the Hopper3 experience.

Planet dish advertises bundling your internet with your Dish programming. Their advertisement shows Spectrum but the only bundle that they actually offer gives you a savings of $5 with Frontier.

I would love to bundle Spectrum and Dish. I pay $74.99 per month to Spectrum for 300/10 Mbps internet and $155 per month to Dish. I could save money by dropping Dish and bundling TV and internet through Spectrum but nothing comes close to the Hopper3 experience.
You won’t save much switching to Spectrum, I have them for broadband and get those offers all the time, but I read the fine print, Broadcast Channels fee is $21.99, RSN is $5, then a extra, roughly, $10 in taxes/fees.

The only plus is you can use Rokus, so no box fees but if you want a cloud DVR, a extra charge of $10.

So that $54.99 deal in the mail becomes, roughly, $100.

I will not be switching from YTTV ($65 for everything mentioned above) anytime soon for Spectrum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)