Still have problems with OTA in Nor-Cal...

Wiggin78

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Redding, CA
Ok, the installer came out yesterday and installed the more powerful yaggy antenna. Unfortunately we are still not getting the locals we should be. It isn't the antenna because we picked up NBC from Sacramento, with 86% reception, wich is 150 miles away. Something must be up with our receiver. The reason I think that is because the Voom channels don't always work when the antenna is hooked into the multi switch. The receiver doesn't even register a signal from the Voom dish. At one point I had NBC from Sacramento and our local FOX station coming in at 87% but no Voom channels. after about 15 minutes the receiver started recognizing both but then we lost the local channels. They would jump from 82% down to 0% every 2 seconds. This is really frustrating and we are getting ready to jump ship if we can't resolve this problem. :no

I don't even have to look at it and I know it says 12v. I asked the tech about adding an amplifier and he told me the multi switch amplified it. Thanks for your quick and accurate post Ron. Would it be worth puting an amplifier on the antenna? Maybe just an In-line amplifier? We just built our house and the run to the tv is probably 50 -75 ft with a female connector somewhere in the middle. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)