still need 61.5????

The problem with a mixed arc setup like you have is that you straddle the CONUS satellites. On EA they are 61.5 and 72.7, 77 will most likely have to remain locals only since it (and its replacement) cannot point up far enough north because it would conflict with Canadian DBS satellites.

On WA all 3 satellites can carry CONUS programming.

I would keep 61.5/72.7 and drop either 119/110 if you have to drop a satellite. That way you keep all the CONUS programming for at least the Eastern Arc. Just because everything is on 72.7 today does not mean they will not move something to 61.5 when 72.7 is full. Your locals in HD may end up on 61.5 when its replacement gets moved into place.

Dish has gone to pure arc configurations so they can move channels as needed between the satellites. Just because everything looks like it is on 72.7 today does not mean that Dish could move a bunch tomorrow over to 61.5.

anyone know of other plans for 61.5

I see DISH using the 61.5 sat for a duplication of all international channels that are presently on 118 sat. THis way DISH could have an eastern arc one dish solution for subs who want both regular programming and internationals too. I also see the spotbeams still being used for locals. I don't think DISH likes all the different satellite dish configurations and having to support them. They are moving to all 1000.4 sat dishes now for all installs except for the lnbs for eastern arc /western arc. I guess they will still do western arc 1000.5 sat dishes for western arc subs who need internationals on 118 sat.

MikeD-C05 said:
I see DISH using the 61.5 sat for a duplication of all international channels that are presently on 118 sat. THis way DISH could have an eastern arc one dish solution for subs who want both regular programming and internationals too. I also see the spotbeams still being used for locals. I don't think DISH likes all the different satellite dish configurations and having to support them. They are moving to all 1000.4 sat dishes now for all installs except for the lnbs for eastern arc /western arc. I guess they will still do western arc 1000.5 sat dishes for western arc subs who need internationals on 118 sat.

Sure hope they move the Buffalo locals off TP 13 soon. They are brutal.

Sure hope they move the Buffalo locals off TP 13 soon. They are brutal.
Yeah, that's one of those imponderables. They rotated the satellite NE from it's design orientation, and one of the things it gives them is the ability to "hit" Buffalo, though poorly, with spotbeam 4 (mine) rather than spotbeam 3 (for NY).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts