Still no 622 firmware released

HokieEngineer

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Well, the 622 was made available for subscribers to purchase last wednesday, however there still is no released firmware available for it. Still two beta versions out there, however nothing has changed since friday, so I'm assuming the software guys don't work the weekend :).

Those who have install dates the week of 2/19, you guys will probably be the first to get a 622! Cross your fingers and pray to your choice of higher being that they don't reschedule anymore people.

lets try this one... maybe the firmware is some industry revolutionizing firmware that is soooo bad ass that it will make everyone want to switch to dish because its that stable and It's soo good it can get up and get you a beer when ever you ask it.. LOL :D

goaliebob99 said:
lets try this one... maybe the firmware is some industry revolutionizing firmware that is soooo bad ass that it will make everyone want to switch to dish because its that stable and It's soo good it can get up and get you a beer when ever you ask it.. LOL :D

This is a Dish Network Forum. Please post your info in the correct forum. :D

goaliebob99 said:
So, in other words, maybe Dish used an outside company? :D

Still no change from last week.. Guess the engineers had too much fun watching the big game last night :).

HokieEngineer said:
Well, the 622 was made available for subscribers to purchase last wednesday, however there still is no released firmware available for it. Still two beta versions out there, however nothing has changed since friday, so I'm assuming the software guys don't work the weekend :).

Those who have install dates the week of 2/19, you guys will probably be the first to get a 622! Cross your fingers and pray to your choice of higher being that they don't reschedule anymore people.

Any thoughts as to why you think 2/19/06 will be the date? I didn't know they released software on Sundays! I guess you do think they work on the weekends. They better be working on the weekends right now to get this thing out!

Anyway, I hope to be one of the first to get it. I pre-ordered mine on 1/10/06. I don't need an install date, I will do it when they ship it to me! It is a tad more flexible that way!

jsanders said:
Any thoughts as to why you think 2/19/06 will be the date? I didn't know they released software on Sundays! I guess you do think they work on the weekends. They better be working on the weekends right now to get this thing out!

Anyway, I hope to be one of the first to get it. I pre-ordered mine on 1/10/06. I don't need an install date, I will do it when they ship it to me! It is a tad more flexible that way!

From people's comments, it seems everyone before that week got rescheduled. Of course, if they dont get the software out in time, that week will get rescheduled too! But with the information we have right now, that week would be my best guess.

HokieEngineer said:
From people's comments, it seems everyone before that week got rescheduled. Of course, if they dont get the software out in time, that week will get rescheduled too! But with the information we have right now, that week would be my best guess.

Oh, I get it. That is actually pretty clever HokieEngineer. Just look at where the earliest installation dates are that haven't been re-scheduled.

You might want to consider making a poll of when people are scheduled. Maybe someone could sticky it. From the poll we might be able to determine when E* thinks the software will be released. Just make the options with a granularity of a week.

Sounds like the week of the 19th might be the charm. They called and rescheduled me from 2/17 to 2/27 today. They did not have any openings at the end of the week of the 19th.:(

Any Screen Shots of the New Receivers

How much are recievers worth?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)