Still no Erie, PA HD locals

celts2000

Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
First time poster, long time viewer

Well it has been about a month since the Charlie Chat where Erie was listed as getting HD in March. It even read like the channels were going to be turned on very soon after that. Well no March Madness now no Masters. Very dissapointing.

Atleast put up the CBS affiliate WSEE that went full power on day one.

Brian

I think they only managed to get 1 1/2 markets up today so if there's no second uplink, their production has really fallen off this week. I figured not much was happening since their Twitter site has been mostly silent. They've been working on T5 on Ciel 2 for a couple of months so things don't seem to be moving very fast in the Land of E* at times. It looks as though the next big batches of locals to be uplinked might be further west.

Looks like Ocala Florida got their local FOX affiliate in HD today. Still waiting for ours in Maine.

Have you been having dropout problems from the Channel 12? Sat Nite live was unwatchable.

I emailed them, along with Ch 35 to see about our Dish locals.They both told me Dish has installed their equipment and they are still testing. They say it's all in Dish's hands now as to when the HD side of these channels will be turned on. But they both seem to think within a few weeks it'll happen.

66 and 24 haven't answered me.

Have you been having dropout problems from the Channel 12? Sat Nite live was unwatchable.

I emailed them, along with Ch 35 to see about our Dish locals.They both told me Dish has installed their equipment and they are still testing. They say it's all in Dish's hands now as to when the HD side of these channels will be turned on. But they both seem to think within a few weeks it'll happen.

66 and 24 haven't answered me.

I honestly havent watched much 12. I always dvr the Office but havent had any problems there. I watch 66 and 35 the most.

Keep us posted on you contacts with the stations. I have long read your posts here and on Avsforum. Always great info.

Brian

No OTA? Or you could move?

I'm in Erie and to pull in locals ota is a pain in the ***. Spotty reception, and always having to relocate the antenna. And NBC doesn't even offer HD ota. Cleveland and Buffalo are both within range if you're up for a "move", but you need 61.5 to get them in HD. I've been waiting along with you guys for E* to get their act together and get Erie HD locals uplinked. I guess it's par for the course for them though to not follow through with what they said they would do. Maybe they meant they would be uplinked in March 2010. I know that one's never been used before. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)