Still no FOX in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrapps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2004
So has Dish just given up and forgotten about us in FL? When the whole FOX blackout was resolved, WSVN Ch. 7 Fox in South Florida wasn't part of the deal. For the past few months my channel 7 was just a message telling me to contact FOX over the dispute, but now channel 7 no longer exists on my guide at all! I am taking this as I am never getting Fox back on dish which is a problem for me.

What are my options? Will Dish be willing to send me an OTA tuner to help me get it back?

It looks like WSVN is owned by Sunbeam Broadcasting, so it wouldn't have had anything to do with the Fox negotiation. They're probably doing their own negotiations w/Dish, but they only have 3 channels, so not a lot of leverage.

Sunbeam dispute with Dish. This has been going on for months. Sunbeam also owns WHDH 7 (Independent, formerly NBC) and WLVI 56 (CW) in Boston. Up here it isn't a strong issue, as we have only the CW and an independent that focuses on news and episodes of Family Feud off. They share the same tower (OTA) so for those of us who get them, it's no issue. Luckily, NBC pulled the network off WHDH and started their own O&O almost three years ago.

We have been without Fox on DISH since March 20th. I know someone who was longtime Dish customer went to DirecTV because they are big NASCAR and football fans. They keep teasing me because I have stayed. Apparently there is no pressure on either side to settle as this is almost a year.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts