Still no MLB EI?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
E* needs to save all there money for lawsuits. That can't afford MLB EI. I remember last year they told us that the price was way out of there league. That's a line of bs or they have no money because of lawsuits. I know most of there subscribers don't care about the MLB EI but there are some that do and I would pay the price for having it. I think not having it hurts more than spending the money and having it. And don't think that this might happen to hockey or basketball on E*. D* could have all the sports soon. Ohh well. I think it's lame. And still no FSNBA HD. Verry Lammm!

It's a business decision... D* offered them guaranteed money, while E* only wanted to pay them the percentage of revenues generated from the package (meanwhile, D* offered a guaranteed sum of money no matter how many subscribed).

Plus, most of the hardcore sports fans have already left for greener pastures elsewhere. Nascar, OOM NFL and MLB.... if you are a hardcore fan of these you've already switched to D*.

I do think that E* is doing a better job on the hardware side. My 722 is great, the external HDD storage is a great way to archive content, and the slingbox integration should pay dividends in the future. I'm hoping hte HD deficit will be addressed by the spring.....

It's a business decision... D* offered them guaranteed money, while E* only wanted to pay them the percentage of revenues generated from the package (meanwhile, D* offered a guaranteed sum of money no matter how many subscribed).

So what did InDemand (cable) pay in order to continue with MLB-EI, don't forget this is not a D* exclusive package?

I'm actually shocked they paid NFL Network's price to begin with.

I think they used it as a way to deflect D*'s Sunday Ticket advantage. Judging by the anemic 4Q2007 subscriber additions, I'd say that plan didn't work too well....

So what did InDemand (cable) pay in order to continue with MLB-EI, don't forget this is not a D* exclusive package?

Actually, that's a good question.... They never publicized the amount that INDemand paid, only what D* was paying for exclusive access which they never got.

Comcast is one of the giants in tv programming. And there hardware is the worst. From the cable box to indemand to there dvr. But comcast is #1 in the SF bay area and in other areas. So to me that means that programming or convince is more important than hardware. I hate comcast and I have nothing against D* but E*makes it harder and harder to be loyal every month. Just my option.

Any new updates for mlb extra innings on Dish? Does directv have a satellite exclusive deal for it or does Dish still have the option to pick it up?

It will not be on E* anytime soon if ever again.D* has the satellite deal locked up for the next 3 years I think it is ???? Someone please correct me if I`m wrong on that.

It will not be on E* anytime soon if ever again.D* has the satellite deal locked up for the next 3 years I think it is ???? Someone please correct me if I`m wrong on that.

I think you are right, Chief Wiggum! :p

I'm a hardcore fan and haven't switched from DISH in five years (I've had it my entire time of being a television programming subscriber). However, I did always order Extra Innings and am afraid we might see the same fate for Center Ice. :( This is actually one of the first times I have thought about going to greener pastures...

Does directv have a satellite exclusive deal for it or does Dish still have the option to pick it up?

It isn't exclusive to DirecTV, it's just that Charlie didn't want to pay the price that MLB wanted (but cable was also willing to pay).

Dish could have EI if they wanted to if I remember correctly. All they have to do is match the offer that Directv made for it which I don't see them doing.

I just went ahead and got Direct just for the MLBEI package. My wife, yes my wife, needs her Dodgers and we don't live in the LA area so this was the only option. I just suspend my service when baseball ends because I still like more about Dish than I dislike.

Dish could have EI if they wanted to if I remember correctly. All they have to do is match the offer that Directv made for it which I don't see them doing.

You are SO right
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (March 25, 2008) -- Dish Network will not carry the Major League Baseball 'Extra Innings' pay package this season.

The satcaster did not offer the package of 'out-of-market' baseball games during the 2007 season, either, after pressure from congressional lawmakers forced Major League Baseball to allow TV providers other than DIRECTV to carry it.

Dish spokesman Parker McConachie confirmed to TVPredictions.com on Monday that it would not provide Extra Innings during the 2008 season.

DIRECTV will provide the Extra Innings package for 2008, which will include up to 40 games a week in high-def. The cost for both the SD and HD games will be $229.

Comcast has confirmed to TVPredictions.com that it will carry the standard-def games of Extra Innings, but not the HD games.

Time Warner, Cablevision, Cox and Charter carried the Extra Innings package last year. TVPredictions.com has issued inquiries to the four cable operators asking about their 2008 plans, including high-def, but has yet to receive a response.

The web sites for the four cable services do not say the package will be available in high-def.

Here's to another year of buffering every 30 seconds, incorrect blackouts, and an unwatchable MLB Mosaic application. MLB.TV, baby! :up

I dont understand the issue here. It's a pay-per-view service. If MLB wants mroe $, pass it to the consumer. let them decide how much is too much.

Amen for that! And like I've said before, they have the money, to many lawsuits . I guess Charlie knows whats best for you and me. And what sucks for me is I have so much money invested in E* it wold cost me a lot to switch. But if this nonsense keeps up I might have to bite the bullet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts