Still no MLB EI?

McCain or Obama will be winding down their first presidential term by the time E* starts talking about bidding on EI again....

Actually, the last year I had EI on E* I didn't watch it that much.

And thanks to my Slingbox, I can watch the Mets day games on my office PC now, so I don't need mlb.tv anymore......

If you MUST have out of market access, and you don't want D*, then go for mlb.tv over the web.

I'm dumping Dish, likely for DirecTV because of the Extra Innings situation. I'd consider Fios, but I don't think it offers Center Ice.

DirecTV is on the way to the house for install today because of MLB EI package. Last year I tried the MLB.com solution with a mac connected to my plasma but it doesn't really work, you can't pause a live game and the video (even enhanced which you pay extra for) sucks.

The only reason I'm waiting until late next month to switch to Direct TV is that I've paid for the Center Ice package. I'll probably end up having both for about two weeks or so.

DirecTV is being installed real soon. Just prior to opening day. Charlie dropped the ball on this and his ongoing joke of adding more HD

I just saw MLB pack up on their sports packs today! But still won't buy it.,Got YESHD,SNYHD,FNYHD,MSGHD. That should have enough baseball for me. OH Yea this is Directv as well.

DirecTV is on the way to the house for install today because of MLB EI package. Last year I tried the MLB.com solution with a mac connected to my plasma but it doesn't really work, you can't pause a live game and the video (even enhanced which you pay extra for) sucks.
Well you'll get that NESNHD you been looking for .

McCain or Obama will be winding down their first presidential term by the time E* starts talking about bidding on EI again....

Actually, the last year I had EI on E* I didn't watch it that much.

And thanks to my Slingbox, I can watch the Mets day games on my office PC now, so I don't need mlb.tv anymore......

If you MUST have out of market access, and you don't want D*, then go for mlb.tv over the web.
yep......I am thinking of "moving" or MLB.tv.....I am in the markets of 3 National league teams here, plus I have the Superstation pack so I get WPIX...25 games last year on Ch 11, all games vs ATL, WAS, and the ones Fox Cincy carries and of course the WGN games vs the Cubs, ESPN and Fox National games....I had access to 65 games games in '07....Not enough...

I have Direct "only" for the MLBEI package. I suspend it for the time baseball is out for the winter and it gets turned on when the season starts. I don't mind having them both for this because my wife wants it! There is no compelling reason to switch entirely to Diret because I have been with Dish for 11 years and I don't get upset or whine when something I desparetly want does not get put on Dish. I have patients and I truely believe by the end of this year Dish will be neck and neck with Direct for HD programming. Plus, until they come up with a comparable DVR that is like the 622 I'm staying.

I have Direct "only" for the MLBEI package. I suspend it for the time baseball is out for the winter and it gets turned on when the season starts. I don't mind having them both for this because my wife wants it! There is no compelling reason to switch entirely to Diret because I have been with Dish for 11 years and I don't get upset or whine when something I desparetly want does not get put on Dish. I have patients and I truely believe by the end of this year Dish will be neck and neck with Direct for HD programming. Plus, until they come up with a comparable DVR that is like the 622 I'm staying.

If you don't mind me asking but how much does it cost to have Direct for the MLBEI package only? I had wondered if you could do that and may be interested in doing the same someday. You can PM me if you like.

If you don't mind me asking but how much does it cost to have Direct for the MLBEI package only? I had wondered if you could do that and may be interested in doing the same someday. You can PM me if you like.

They won't sell you a sport package without a base package.

Cheapest way to go is $30 for family each month and $170 for MLB.

You would have to keep 18 months of family (with basic receiver) or 24 months (with dvr or hd) to meet the contract, or but it out.

Either way, if you don't want to switch, you're better off using the mlb.tv or not having it.

You would have to keep 18 months of family (with basic receiver) or 24 months (with dvr or hd) to meet the contract, or but it out.

Either way, if you don't want to switch, you're better off using the mlb.tv or not having it.
Thats what I thought!, A friend of mine used to do that with the NFL pack Years ago!

Thanks for the info. I'm not going to do it but we may be moving in the next year and I may switch then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)