still no p285

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yukon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Anyway to make my receiver grab the new software. I've been leaving the receiver off and my 811 still does not have the new software..

thanks

yukon said:
Anyway to make my receiver grab the new software. I've been leaving the receiver off and my 811 still does not have the new software..

thanks

There is no way to force an update before your receiver's serial # is in the stream. This update is being rolled out very slowly. Just be patient, continue to power off your unit via remote every night eventually you'll get the update.

NightRyder

Yes, no update here either. We have been powering off every night and my dad thinks I'm a bit nuts talking about the "phantom" update.

Well you can tell him it is not a Phantom update. I have it on my box and no I am not a Beta Tester. It is just being rolled out very slow.

I haven't gotten it yet. But a lot of bugs have started popping up, so maybe it's an 811 sign that it really wants this update. I dunno if the good outweigh the bad though

I believe the rollout has stopped. Anyone receive P285 this week? Didn't think so. There is a problem and nobody is talking!

I received P285 on 17 Mar. On 20 Mar, the program guide froze up so I did a reset. Prior to P285, the guide would freeze up every one to five days. Now, the guide has not frozen since I reset on 20 Mar. This is the longest time I have gone with this 811 without the guide freezing up. So far so good.

I'm still on p284 and it was working fine until all of the sudden the guide began freezing up.

I figured out the culprit to be the locks. It was fine when I wasn't using them, but I got bored and put them in and that's when all these problems started to occur

I exchanged one leased 811 for another this week because of problems and the new one came with p285

BFG said:
I'm still on p284 and it was working fine until all of the sudden the guide began freezing up.

I figured out the culprit to be the locks. It was fine when I wasn't using them, but I got bored and put them in and that's when all these problems started to occur

I have had locks on 284 and 285 for a long time. Both adult, PPV, and individual channels hidden. I also tried unhidding them. My box has been running solid. Based on some posts I have read, I do believe locks have something to do with "No Info" and possible introducing a stability issue but I don't think they are the soul symptom based on my experience.

They are doing a slow update, because they changed the settings of the OTA tuner to add QAM support. I don't know what method they are using to choose the serials for release, but they are keeping it in small batches so if there's a problem in a certain batch they can be notified and make changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)