Still waiting for NBR, Is it too soon to worry?

omnibus

Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
Still waiting for the download. I've had the machine for several months and have gotten several upgrades without incident.

Should I be concerned enough to call for tech support at this stage :confused:

Well... you are NOT alone.... I've been waiting patiently.... I too have received updates in the past... but I have not received this update yet.

Well I posted my lament at not receiving the update at 5:23 this AM, I woke at 4 am an hour after my 522's default update time, it was still at 2.08. I even tried forcing an update, no luck.

I returned to bed and woke again at a little after 6 am. Bammm, I now have 2.32

When you received the update somewhere between 5:23AM and 6AM... were your turners powered off or did the update come with one or both of the tuners on? ....I say this because my turner was on when I left the house this morning and I'm wondering if it will power them off automatically or will it have to wait until 3AM when it does an automatic check.

First, keep checking here:
Current Receiver Software Versions

If:
  • your receiver's current version is no longer on the left side (current versions list), AND
  • that has been true for at least 24 hours, AND
  • your 522 has done its automatic updates check or has been turned off (for at least 15 minutes) since that 24 hour grace period has elapsed...
... then you can start worrying. ;)

your reciever's serial number is probably in the high range,meaning you are likely to receive it last on E*s list, as tuxcoder posted "your receiver's current version is no longer on the left side (current versions list), " if 1.08 is still listed ,that means it is still viable software....just be patient ,if they spool it ,it will come. :yes undefined

Just got my 2.32 this morning (yay!). They might be rotating which blocks of s/n's get updates first with each release, because I was one of the first to get 2.08. I never did see 2.31

doogie said:
When you received the update somewhere between 5:23AM and 6AM... were your turners powered off or did the update come with one or both of the tuners on? ....I say this because my turner was on when I left the house this morning and I'm wondering if it will power them off automatically or will it have to wait until 3AM when it does an automatic check.
Yes the tuners were off (actually on standby) during that short period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)