Stl Cardinals on Dish

mviewer

Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Kentucky
Ok here is my dilema. My RSN is for Cincy, no offense to Cincy fans but I am 5 hrs and only 2 from STL. The area is a predominatly Cardinals fan base (You find a few Cubs and Brave fans too) Comcast carries the Cardinal games for free. D* can get Cardinal games with the sports pack. I looked into MLB.tv but I am considered to be in the Cardinals region.

Two questions
1. Is there anyway to get cardinal games with switching from Dish

2. I did read where E* and Fox sports were in a dispute over RSN's any news on that.

You may want to check with your local retailer, the rsn which the Cardinal game are on may not be part of your package, but getting the Multi Sport pack may give you the channel you seek.

That is the way D* does it but from what I read it looks like that Dish doesn't offer it that way. Does anyone in western KY know if you can pick up STL Cards games on Dish with the sports pack.

Thanks for the idea I will look into it.

I used to get FMW here in western Oklahoma 10 years ago, but got switched to FSW and lost the Cards. I noticed last summer that most of the time they carried the game on one of the alternates unblocked on FSouth. The channel number bounced around, but that wasn't a big deal. I'm hoping it works out that way again this year.

Dish carries FMW HD, it's one of my RSNs. Did you check to see if you can view the sd feeds? They normally show up on an Alt channel in markets with more than one team.

If you recieve the SD feed I believe adding the MultiSports Pack will give you the HD feed.

Ok I saw that the Blues were on FSN Midwest. So I thought I would get the sports pack to see if I could get that game. It was blacked out, and I did not see it on an Alt. So not looking good for getting Cards games is it?

The last I knew you could get Cards in Murray, KY, close to Paducah. I have family there and watched when I was down there. I get Cards where I live and I am 4 hours away and Chicago is my RSN. I got the sports pack and all is good..

The last I knew you could get Cards in Murray, KY, close to Paducah. I have family there and watched when I was down there. I get Cards where I live and I am 4 hours away and Chicago is my RSN. I got the sports pack and all is good..

Ok thanks that does give me some hope. I found where on Direct's sports pack it appears that you can Cards games and still not get Blues games. So the fact I could not get the Blues game last night may mean nothing. I'll find out in a few days when there is a spring training game on fox mw.

BTW, I need to become a hockey fan, The predators game looked great in HD.

Ok thanks that does give me some hope. I found where on Direct's sports pack it appears that you can Cards games and still not get Blues games. So the fact I could not get the Blues game last night may mean nothing. I'll find out in a few days when there is a spring training game on fox mw.

BTW, I need to become a hockey fan, The predators game looked great in HD.

What is your Zip Code? I can look it up to tell you whether you will be blacked out on Cardinal games or not.

It seems as if E* has no dang common sense when aligning these market areas. I live in West-Central IL and we are 2.5 hrs from STL and at least 5 from CHI. And when you would call them they would say..Well you live in IL why wouldn't you want Chicago....are you kidding me?!? Heck I know the mentality around here is the less Chicago the better! Now lets work on getting the KSDK games on durring the weekends haha. Thats about like trying to get the dang IHSA network.

It seems as if E* has no dang common sense when aligning these market areas. I live in West-Central IL and we are 2.5 hrs from STL and at least 5 from CHI. And when you would call them they would say..Well you live in IL why wouldn't you want Chicago....are you kidding me?!? Heck I know the mentality around here is the less Chicago the better! Now lets work on getting the KSDK games on durring the weekends haha. Thats about like trying to get the dang IHSA network.

I live in east central Illinois and I get Comcast Chicago and FS Midwest as my RSN. I also get ISHA on WCFN Springfield. Also get most weekend Cards games on CW (WBUI)

I live in east central Illinois and I get Comcast Chicago and FS Midwest as my RSN. I also get ISHA on WCFN Springfield. Also get most weekend Cards games on CW (WBUI)

Yea...It would be great if I could get WCFN to come in over here but its just to far. Once Nascar on Fox is over with WGEM out of Quincy will put out some of the KSDK broadcasts on CGEM but it can be an interesting experience as it was yesterday. Yesterday they actually carried the spring training broadcast and the picture quality was way worse than normal. I assume this is because they are using a direct microwave signal from STL to Quincy but I have no idea. Back to the IHSA network, I have worked with some other people to show the local OTA stations that there is a lot of interest they say that we need to tell the IHSA that and that you can watch the games online. How the heck can we watch games online when the only "high-speed" internet you can get is Wildblue?!?!? Heck..we pay around $70 a month for wildblue and somewhere around 10min of streaming video will use up your quota for the month and they basically cut off your internet. You gotta love the communications world. haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts