STL Locals on 118.7 HD

I figured it out. The dish has to be re pointed using the on screen meter. If you are going to take a stab at it yourself do it very carefully.
Mark dish so you can go back. We used a sharpie.
On screen meter takes a few seconds to respond. Be careful !
Move dish up down left right gently don't bend it with bolts still tight.
This one needed up and we compromised at 50% you can get more but you will screw up 129.
Signal will change when the bolts are tightened. We ended up with 53% on 118 and 60% on 129 same trans. It took a long time to get this balance. You give some to one you take away from the other so you need someone inside as well watching the meter.
Very poor design compared to other brand.
Took an hour for a 5 min job.
Don't blame your installer. The design of the dish is at fault.

I have a 1000+ that was installed 12 months ago and connected to a 622. I have HD locals both over E* and OTA. Located approximately 40 miles northwest of Saint Louis. I have seen breakups on both of the channels that you mentioned but the breakups on NBC have increased over the last several months. I have noticed that when I have breakups on the satellite feed and I switch to the OTA antenna that that signal is also breaking up. I have chalked it up to a problem with the local feed that is being sent to Dish and not a Dish problem. They can't provide a better signal than the one that they get from the local.

The satellite do move but it's not a lazy figure-eight.
Someone has been feeding you bogus stories.
Satellites used for fixed satellite service simply cannot move out of place. There are at least 10 firms in my area that are dedicated to station-keeping. They fly the satellites. All satellites move as the result of natural forces like gravity and solar wind. There are little thrusters and gyroscopes that are used to keep the satellite in place, but the amount of fuel used is budgetted and future fuel use is simulated precisely. The satellite that DISH Network uses at 129-degrees has serious problems with its station-keeping systems and will be put out of service very soon because it is running out of fuel used to keep it stationary.
To date there is nothing wrong with the DISH Network birds at 110, 119, 105, 121, 61.5, or 118.75 that affect service in the ways you describe. Your dish needs to be aimed better, or any number of other factors are more significant (connectors, cable length, cable quality, receiver quality, rain, mounting location of antenna).

Not even XM's satellites are inclined or wobble, though they have no practical need to stay in one place for broadcast (except that the uplink center would have to motorize the uplink dishes like Sirius does).

Your dish needs to be aimed better. Simple as that.

I have been a customer for 7 months now, I have had Dish come back out 2 times already due to this problem. They peak the signal then 2-3 months later it is to low to get us through drizzle or heavy cloud cover...:confused:

I'm in O'Fallon, also. Let me know if I can help.

You can contact me from the website or pm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts