STO----61.5--129 Cleveland

griftnet

voomin till death
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2005
Uniontown,Ohio
Hi all,

I live about 30 miles south of Cleveland and carry all the HD channels that E* carries, but for some reason when I call the CSR's they tell me I do not get STO-HD nor does E* carry it, but when I do a search on the forum everyone tells me that it is on sat 129 and not on sat 61.5.
I need my STO-HD and my question is what will I lose if "I" move the 61.5 to 129? Will I lose some of the HD that I get now?

What should I do?

Please help

Mike

STO is on channel 5431 on 129.

Cleveland is outside the mandatory 61.5 footprint.

Reaim your wing dish to see 129 if it is not obstructed.

You lose nothing, but gain your RSN.

By moving your dish from 61.5° to 129° you will lose the following:

652 Korean Broadcasting Service America KBS
9402 US Dept ofHealth & Human Services TV HHS
9405 The Pentagon Channel WATCH ON LINE PNTGN
9406 Classic Arts Showcase ARTS
9416 Good Samaritan Network GSN
9418 Panhandle Area Ed. Consortium PAEC
--strong stable signal (YMMV)

You will gain
5425 Fox Sports Ohio HD (Statewide) FOXOH (EVENT ONLY-PART TIME CHANNEL)
5431Sports Time Ohio Network HD STO (EVENT ONLY-PART TIME CHANNEL)
--Weak unstable signal unless you use a larger dish (YMMV)

You will gain

I live in the Cleveland area with a D1000 dish and my signal from 129 W although weaker than signals from 110 W and 119 W is fairly stable.

You will gain

I don't know why everyone bashes 129, I can't be the only one who has no problem with this sat.

I agree...for the most part.

The 129 seems fairly stable here in NE Ohio. Typically I see levels about 10 points lower than the 61.5 tho (55 vs. 65, "new" point scale).

With regards to the OP, not only will you gain STO, but also FSN Ohio in HD if your repoint to the 129

I guess that's why I posted "YMMV". :)

For the uninitiated, that is "Your milage may vary."

Let's put it this way, there are no complaints about the signal of 61.5° that don't involve LOS, there are about 129°. So that is why I included it in my break-down.

See ya
Tony

See ya
Tony

I guess that's why I posted "YMMV". :)

For the uninitiated, that is "Your milage may vary."

Let's put it this way, there are no complaints about the signal of 61.5° that don't involve LOS, there are about 129°. So that is why I included it in my break-down.

See ya
Tony

See ya
Tony

Sorry, wasn't trying to trounce your post. :)

Was trying only to be ultra-specific for the OP, seeing as how he resides in that corner of the state

You just gain a crappy unstable signal on 129....

As odd as this sounds, I have done this twice (mine and my parents), and I live near Dayton, OH. I found people that had Super Dish with DP34 switch that they threw away for Dish 1000. Well, I just took off the extra LBNf, don't use the ku LBN, and point it at 129. Then I tie the DP34 into that Super Dish and my Dish 500. Results, I actually get 129 in better than 110 and 119!

One man's junk is another man's fortune.

so there is still no way to get STO, FSO and Cleveland HD locals without having that extra dish at 61.5?

I refuse to commit to two more years nor pay the $65 fee for the extra dish. I've read of people talking their way into a free install with no commitment but I'm 0 for 4 on that.

Cleveland is going to be an Eastern Arc city so everything will be coming from 61.5°/72.7°/77° eventually- Dish 1000.4.
Sportstime OH and FSN OH HD (game only) are both at 129° and 61.5°, but the HD locals will remain at 61.5°.

See ya
Tony

Cleveland is going to be an Eastern Arc city so everything will be coming from 61.5°/72.7°/77° eventually- Dish 1000.4.
Sportstime OH and FSN OH HD (game only) are both at 129° and 61.5°, but the HD locals will remain at 61.5°.

See ya
Tony

So is there a likelyhood that if I hold-out long enough they will give me the EA setup for free since Cleveland will be on those satellites?

Tomboy, are you a new or recent subscriber? That would explain why you got EA. It is not really available (or at least not supposed to be available) to existing subscribers yet.

Glad to hear you were able to get one!

Yeah. New Subscriber. When they came out to install the first time I had LOS issues. Said wait a couple of days, the new EA would be coming on line. Came back the following Saturday. Up and running now for about 3 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)