Stopped by an FTA Satellite Dealer last Friday...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davage

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Last Friday I was in Sudbury Ontario (Canada) for business.. I was on my way out of town and noticed a shop that had 4 or 5 dishes on the roof with "Free To Air Satellite" and 'Free TV" words on them. Out of curiosity I stopped in, just to see what they had for equipment - I was hoping to maybe find a deal on a good Coolsat receiver.

I walked into the store and saw just a single eliptical 20 inch dish there, a few diseqc switches and some LNBs... I started talking with the guy at the store and said "That Dish over there is pretty small.." The guy then says "It works fine for 119, 118 and 110". I then told him that I had no interest at all in Dish Network and that I was looking for a good quality 1 metre dish. The guy then says "Oh, you want real Free-To-Air". I said "Yes". The guy then says "We don't get many of you guys in here.." He asked what I was using for an FTA receiver and I told him Fortec Classic NA as well as a Visionsat on a 1 metre dish and an 8 ft C-Band dish.

I'm tempted to list the company name here, just to expose the guy, but then again I don't want to give him any free advertising.

Last Friday I was in Sudbury Ontario (Canada) for business.. I was on my way out of town and noticed a shop that had 4 or 5 dishes on the roof with "Free To Air Satellite" and 'Free TV" words on them. Out of curiosity I stopped in, just to see what they had for equipment - I was hoping to maybe find a deal on a good Coolsat receiver.

I walked into the store and saw just a single eliptical 20 inch dish there, a few diseqc switches and some LNBs... I started talking with the guy at the store and said "That Dish over there is pretty small.." The guy then says "It works fine for 119, 118 and 110". I then told him that I had no interest at all in Dish Network and that I was looking for a good quality 1 metre dish. The guy then says "Oh, you want real Free-To-Air". I said "Yes". The guy then says "We don't get many of you guys in here.." He asked what I was using for an FTA receiver and I told him Fortec Classic NA as well as a Visionsat on a 1 metre dish and an 8 ft C-Band dish.

I'm tempted to list the company name here, just to expose the guy, but then again I don't want to give him any free advertising.

There more underground in the U.S. I wouldn't report him to Dish though since you would also be pointing a finger at you, who knows with Ergan. As much as piracy is frowned upon. I wouldn't help out Dish Network or Direct tv because they use lies and unscrupulous ways to take people away from c band and 4DTV. We have lost quite allot of good C band folk and channels that we could subscribe to before because of these companies and there ways. This has caused quite a blow to 4DTV. So in short let Charlie do his own detective work.

Let Dish Network fend for themselves. I know I don't pitty them after some of their business practices. Karma!

Direct and FTA

I'm quite happy with my Direct sub living nicely along side my FTA system. The guy in this store is missing out on the fun his customers could be having with an FTA system. He could be a legit Direct or Dish provider/installer, but even so, he should also carry FTA systems and dishes. What a shame! And if he IS promoting the pirating of signals, then he will be busted soon enough without our help. jmo.
-cowpres-

Don't think dish allows their dealers to sell fta equipment (if they can stop them). Besides , they can't sell US pay-service in Canada.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts