Storing Timer settings on EHD vs. 2 way remote

hopton

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Lycoming County, PA
I have read several threads explaining that the new two way remotes (not yet released) will allow the remote to store the timer settings of the DVR so the settings can be restored to a new receiver in the event that the current DVR dies. As someone that has gone through several dead DVR's, I love this idea. On the other hand, I will be reluctant to pay what will probably be a high price for this convenience.

I am wondering, though, why the settings can't just be saved to an external hard drive. While this may not create as much revenue from selling new remotes, it would be another selling point for encouraging customers to pay the $40 EHD activation fee.

I am wondering if anyone else thinks this is a good idea and also if any of you know a reason that this wouldn't be possible from a hardware / software perspective. Would this be something that could just be thrown into a software update or is it more complex than that?

Just an idea.... :eureka

Because most customers don't even have an internal hard drive (DVR) much less an external one.

I'm sure the new remotes will become the standard "throw in" for new receivers and installations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)